1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Saving posts

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by sgt_franks, Jan 11, 2018.

1. sgt_franks

sgt_franks New Member

Im am very new to this site. I have found so many cool things I would like to go back and look at for reference. Is there a way on here somewhere to keep track of the posts ive looked at or save them to a folder or something? there is so much going on in different areas that it is really hard for me to find stuff that I want to look at again. the search engine sucks. cant find crap using it. so many icons and things going on yet so much knowledge and experience that I want to save and learn from.
  2. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

When I locate a page or tutorial I want to keep, I save it under my own web browser "Favorites". have forum pages that I saved two years ago. The only problem is, if the author of the page deletes the photos or changes the host site where the photos were hosted, you will lose the pictures too! Not a good thing on a tutorial.....

I have found that in order to use the search engine, you have to be in the correct category of the forum. For instance, if you are looking for Bondo Ears you need to , first, be in the Deer and Gameheads category. If you try searching from the home page you will get little or nothing results. Joe

3. sgt_franks

sgt_franks New Member

thanks Joe
  4. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

This is what I do. I copy and paste the URL onto a word document. Then you can add your own description of what it is for and get back to it with ease.

5. Try the advanced search, then you can also choose what areas of the forum you want to search in. Deselect the for sale and wanted areas and you should get better searches.
  6. GregJ

GregJ Active Member

I simply copy the entire post or thread and put it into a word doc that I save on my computer.