1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WASCO water base hide paste

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Monty Artrip, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Monty Artrip

Monty Artrip Active Member

Hi all, I have always used this hide paste in the gallon can because it's creamy, no lumps and bumps for coldwater fish. Anyway, ordered a couple gallons and it came in a plastic bucket and is brown and appears to have sand in it. I was hoping someone may know what the original was, I'm sure it's some kind of floor adhesive. It seems that this too has went the way of silk span and high fiber. They claim it hasn't changed but we all know it has.

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Monty it's time to move on to a local product that works just as good and you don't have the mark up and extra shipping. I'm using a white caulk called Alex Plus All Purpose Acrylic Latex Caulk Plus Silicone. I get it at Ace but it's probably available elsewhere. It costs about 2.99 per tube. Someone here suggested it and have used it ever since. The tube is white with blue lettering.

I used to use a cheap latex caulk from Walmart, but from what I know about the chain from my bother working there, I won't buy a product from them unless it's not available elsewhere. Plus Walmart is an hour round trip while Ace is only 10 minutes round trip.

3. Monty Artrip

Monty Artrip Active Member

Thanks Cecil, I will give it a try. I have an Ace hardware about ten minutes from me as well.