1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Does anyone sell a Lionfish Blank??

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Trapper2016, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

Hello everyone,

Hope your having a good weekend. For the last few years i have been looking everywhere for a Lionfish blank that would be suitable to use in a pedestal mount. I have checked with everyone i could think of, and still have not had any luck. I was messaging a gentleman who lived in Florida and was a member of this board last year about a mold his company was making, but he seems to have either not finihsed it or is no longer visiting this forum. Either way I have never heard back from him.

I currenly have a lionfish blank i bought off ebay years ago but it is in really horrible shape. And i mean horrible shape and is really beond my skill to repair. I have run it by a few people to see if they could work their magic on it, and i get the same response of "that would be a ton of work to fix". And it really would be. So if possible i really would love to buy a quality lionfish blank that could be used for a pedestal mount. Size is not important. The only thing i am concerned with is that it is a quality blank that a begineer could work with.

If you have any leads or may have one yourself, please message me. I have been trying to find one of these for years.

Thanks for your time
    Chris

2. Did you check with Mike Kirkhart in Florida he might be able to help.

3. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

I looked around man. Didn't find anything of super good quality.

4. rp

rp Member

You can try Mike Kroessig or even Bryan Russel

5. Trapper2016

Thanks for the tips guys. I have dropped some emails to the names mentioned. And i appreciate you looking Jimmy. I figured that you were not successful finding anything.
    thanks again guys

Chris

6. Unique Species

Unique Species Member

page 1 fishblanks.com

7. Trapper2016

Thanks Unique Species,

I checked them out and dropped them an email. Haven't heard anything back yet, but maybe they are busy or away at the moment. But i really appreciate the link.

Thanks again
    Chris