1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Research deer mannikins

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by snagmaster49, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Thinking of trying some research deer mannikins ,any opinions 0n the good and bad ,thanks Rich.

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Research is less than an hour drive from my house here in Oregon, so, I use them whenever I can. The have great blacktail and mule deer forms and the few white tail forms I have used were good.

3. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

You won't be sorry! Mike Frasier sculpts the mule deer, blacktail and elk forms. They are superb in detail and muscle. I only use them unless I have an oddball like a Sitka (Jonas Bros) or Dall Sheep (Van Dyke's) where the size selection is broader. The whitetail forms are from the whitetail expert, Bill Lancaster of Idaho! simply some of the best IMHO. Joe

4. If you're asking about whitetail the Lancaster forms are as good as any on the market. The other lines are ok but not quite as good.

5. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

True Fit carries Lancaster's best Mule deer line. IMO, they can't be beat.

6. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

I have used Lancasters and I like them , mounted up good

7. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    I regularly use Matuska Competitors Choice headforms A LOT, however, I have needed to turn to Research Mannikins Whitetail headforms on a few occasions, and I can say I have never been disappointed! Here are just a couple.

This Whitetail Doe, was mounted on Research WT-4032. Sweet, feminine face, and a well-proportioned headform! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Research Mannikins WT-8838, floor pedestal head form. Well proportioned, with very good facial symmetry ... eye sockets and nostrils on the same level plane, and very good muscle detail without over doing it! Muzzle tip nicely rounded, and nostrils are well-shaped. Upper lips on the side of the mouth do not overhang lower lips as wide as on some other headforms ... creating a smooth, rounded and correct mouth area. I don't think you'll go wrong giving them a try. And their prices are great!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]