1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

1099 Misc

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Jan 14, 2018.

  1. George

    George The older I get, the better I was.

    OK, do any of you whiz kids know how to get or where to find Form 1099-Misc AND THE TRANSMITTAL SHEETS without going to Staples and buying 50 of them at a time? It pisses me off that the Federal Buildings no longer carry these forms and when you go on-line, only the payer form is available. If you go to the IRS site, they give you a beautiful screen shot of the form, HOWEVER, if you read the verbiage, it is illegal for you to use those forms. The IRS says the computer generated forms do now scan and if you use them, you will be penalized. It just irks me that I have to spend $25 each and every year for these forms when I only need one or two. I think the IRS has a scam going with the commercial printers. After all, the form is dated and is only good for the year in the date column.
  2. FishArt

    FishArt Well-Known Member

    I thought you used a CPA George? My CPA has all sorts of forms available to her clients free for the taking. Probably a stupid question, but have you asked your CPA?

  3. George

    George The older I get, the better I was.

    A "DUH" moment on my part, Marty. I had NOT asked my CPA. They're off today because of the holiday, but I WILL ask them tomorrow.
  4. Kim Owens

    Kim Owens Are we there yet?

    George- Google is your friend.
  5. George

    George The older I get, the better I was.

    Kim, I tried Google and it won't give you the format you need. I went to the IRS site and they managed to piss me off. It was a PDF that you could fill out, but when you read the disclaimer it said that the use of that form was illegal. It said that the document is scanned by the IRS and the computer generated form would not scan and if you used it you'd be penalized and fined.

    My CPA doesn't carry the 1099 MISC (just like the Feds don't). I said to Hell with it and went to Staples. You can buy 10 pack form sets for every series EXCEPT the 1099 Misc. They come in packs of 24, 50, and 100. It cost me $19.99 for the 24 pack. I think its government collusion to require you to submit a form and then not supply the form unless you buy it commercially. Oh well, I'll claim it on my taxes for next year (if they allow it next year).
  6. FishArt

    FishArt Well-Known Member

    George, you should give the other 23 unused forms to your CPA and tell him/her to give them out to his/her REMAINING clients - lol!
  7. Kim Owens

    Kim Owens Are we there yet?

    LOL- I googled it and found the form but didn't bother to read what the site said. I guess I will just print off the one that was sent to us to fill out for someone else. Government- ain't nothing like it. Hope you're doing well, George and happy new year!!
  8. Major

    Major New Mexico.....Not much different than the old one

    I'm pretty sure you can get them at the post office for free. But it's been awhile since I've done that.....
  9. D.Price

    D.Price Well-Known Member

    I would have thought all CPA's would have them, I know mine does. ???

  10. JL

    JL Taxidermist for 64 years

    Damn George....$19.99, I see the TGIF syndrome showing up in you. lol
  11. pir^2h

    pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

    It would seem to me if you have a CPA it would be THEIR responsibility to have whatever forms are necessary the same as you as a taxidermist need to have the correct eyes for a mount. Its a necessary item for the business.
  12. Zain Swinton

    Zain Swinton New Member

    I guess you've just got the IRS' statement wrong. You do can use those PDF's to print and fill them out, the one page in red is the only one you're not allowed to fill and file to anybody.

    Electronically it can be done from almost every single web application with a feature of filling pdf forms, like this one for example: https://1099-misc-form.pdffiller.com/