1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tannery Services

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by backcountryhunter18, Jan 15, 2018.

1. backcountryhunter18

backcountryhunter18 New Member

Does anyone have a tannery service that they really like to work with? I just moved across the country to Birmingham, Al. I’m either looking for one near by that does good work or one elsewhere, but I’m trying to keep it as cheap as possible. For those of you who don’t use a tannery where you can just drop stuff off, who do you use, how do you ship it, and how much does it cost you for defleshing and a wet tan on a whitetail deer cape? Thank you!

2. There is a tannery just below Birmingham in Mccalla Alabama. Wilderness commercial tannery. They do a green to wet tan service. They handle all the splitting turning fleshing and shaving. They use PRO 1 synthetic tan. Deer capes 65$. I just took 4 capes down first of Jan. This my first time trying them. Hopefully all goes well. Nice having a tannery close enough to deliver yourself. Mike Edmonds runs the place. Seems like a nice fellow.

3. backcountryhunter18

backcountryhunter18 New Member

Awesome! Thank you for the info! How do others on here package capes for shipping to a tannery so they don’t spoil?

4. Poppy

Poppy New Member

Wanted someone to soft tan a doe hide my grandauter got her 1 deer i fleshed it already salted

5. He does great work

6. deerhunter1964

deerhunter1964 Member

Mike does incredible work. Sent a personal raw deer hide to be tanned from upstate NY. No issues at all!!