1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hard turn mule deer.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Taximan2016, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Taximan2016

Taximan2016 Member

I'm looking for a similar hard turn mule deer form with a right turn. Anyone know who sells one?

Attached Files:

2. Research Mannikins. It's a Tom Wieckum form.

3. bigt46

bigt46 Member

TN
    I have one I mounted on that very form.

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. I needed one with a right turn. Headquarters has awesome mule deer forms with that hard turn also.

None of the ones I could use were in right turn. Left turn after left turn in all these sizes and not a right turn in the bunch of the size I needed.

My customer settled on a left turn thankfully.

5. jimss

jimss Member

I wonder if you might be able to take a left turn whitetail form and twitch out heads? I'm considering a hard turn on a whitetail. Does anyone have a favorite hard turn whitetail form? I'm pretty sure it would also be possible to use a muley form and change out the head for a whitetail mount.....has anyone done this before?

If anyone has any photos of muley or whitetails mounted with hard turns I'd enjoy looking at them!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  6. PensivePronghorn

PensivePronghorn New Member

I would not recommend that! Mule deer have much deeper briskets and more massive shoulders! Simply changing out heads on forms will not look at all like what you think! I use Trufitt, Research, and McKenzie for my mule deer forms, and I have never had issues!

George likes this.