1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

skulls

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by saddletramp501, Jan 18, 2018.

1. saddletramp501

saddletramp501 Member

does any one no where u can buy 40 % clear hydrogen peroxide

2. Roger Heintzman

Roger Heintzman New Member

It is not 40%, it is 40 volume which is 12% peroxide. Any Sally's or similar beauty supply store. They are a retail store.
    You local hair dresser.

3. saddletramp501

saddletramp501 Member

no more where iam at 20 vol is all they have

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

The above is correct. You can't get 40% peroxide. 40 Vol is about 12%. Sally's or any other beauty supply place will carry it and sometimes in gallon jugs. Make sure you get the 40 Vol clear and not the cream. If you look at pool and spa supply places, you can find 27%. It is used in unchlorinated pools. It is also dangerous. Much more so than the 12%.

5. saddletramp501

saddletramp501 Member

thanks they all quite the 40 vol only 20 now at sallys

6. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Research Mannikins has 30% concentrate.

7. Sea Wolf

Looked at that. Can't see the label to verify that it is actually 30% and not 30 VOL. Still, $9.75 a quart isn't a bad price until you read the fine print about the $30 hazardous shipping fee they add on on top of shipping. For a quart, that is a bit nuts. The 27% pool stuff I buy is around $11 a gallon. That is strong enough to dissolve flesh and whitens bone in a matter of hours. You can get 35% in gallon jugs from some places. But the dangers of storing that and using it outweigh any money I might save by diluting it. To be honest, even the 30 VOL from Sally's will work just fine. It might take a little longer but not enough to make any real difference.

8. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Since I live less than an hour from Research, it rarely occurs to me to look at shipping since I rarely have anything from them shipped to me.

9. saddletramp501

saddletramp501 Member

a bit hi conserting sally is 12 99 a gal looking for 35 gal drum are a fifty gal drum of it

10. Sea Wolf

There are lots of places listed online that have drums of various strengths. Some even have the 35% food grade. A Google search brought up a lot of sites. Would be best to look through them and compare. Might be delivered to you or more than likely you will have to go to a local freight place and pick it up. Check any local places that service pools. They may also have some on site that they would sell to you. Especially in the off season.

11. saddletramp501

saddletramp501 Member

12. saddletramp501

saddletramp501 Member

so do u have a address are phone number of the place that sell bulk cannot find anything and food grade is it are will it work the same as the other stuff