1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Can this bobcat be saved?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Curtis, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Curtis

Curtis Member

TN
    [​IMG]

This was a roadkill bobcat I received a while back. Once I thawed it out I noticed it had this rub spot on its face with whiskers missing. Is there any way to save this? I have some extra whiskers I can use but not sure if I can do anything with that spot.

2. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

Yeah, there’s always options. I have seen some amazing repairs. Replace the damaged area. Electrostatic hair replacement, textured epoxy are a few. You can just hide it with a paw, a bird wing, a squirrel tail, the pose, a rock, a tree limb or vegetation. Your talent and imagination is the limit.

artwildcreate, lrc1492 and aewalsh like this.

3. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I have on similar to that but the damage is under the chin. I have not decided how to handle it yet. I was thinking if I painted the skin first and then glues some hair in place it might look ok. I am still pondering it!

4. olebarnette

olebarnette Active Member

I can make a dead mounted bobwhite quail for you that would possibly cover up some of the fur loss. It would be made to fit in the bobcats mouth. Just a thought!
    You can email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.
    thank you
    Don

5. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Roadkill is usually not worth fooling with. Hiding it with a "catch" is probably a good idea.

6. BO-N-ARO

BO-N-ARO Hunt hard but hunt safe!

Easy. Add a bird in its mouth and have a wing cover and hide the damaged area.

7. I did one with the same bald spot. I had it stepping on a woodcock that was unmountable and then I sculpted a tongue and had him licking covering the bald spot.

8. jimmyjoe

jimmyjoe New Member

If it is for a customer let them know before you waste time and money. If it is for yourself I would get another cat, there are lots of them at a reasonable price that won't cause you to spend time on. Save this one for parts or have on hand as an example of roadkill damages for your customers who insist on bringing you roadkill to see.