1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

McKenzie / van dykes bear form?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Talltinelee, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Talltinelee

Talltinelee Member

Georgia
    Has anyone used Lifesize black bear form LBR-624 or Lbr-622? The 624 fits my measurements really well. How did you like the form? How’s the head on McKenzie bear forms? They look a touch small. This bear looks to have a big wide head. I’ve mounted a few bears but, not many. This my personal bear for my showroom. I don’t post much but read everyday. I’ve learned so much on here.
    Thank you in advance.
    Talltinelee

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Re: McKenzie bear form?

The McKenzie bear forms are anatomically incorrect in my opinion. The rear legs are way too low on the form and if you want your hide to fit, you need to cut them away at their sculpted hip and move them 6-8 inches higher toward the backbone. The facial features remind me more of a German Shepherd than a black bear. IN MY OPINION, there's only one series of forms that get to the crux of bear anatomy. They're sold by Van Dykes and sculpted by John Schmidt.

3. Talltinelee

Talltinelee Member

Georgia
    Re: McKenzie bear form?

Thanks George. The LBR 624 is actually a van dyke form sculpted by John Schmidt. It is also listed in McKenzie. So you like johns forms? How’s the head anatomy on his forms?
    Thank you.
    Talltinelee

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Re: McKenzie/ van dykes bear form?

They're good though they could use a bit of oversculpting on the muzzle and across the top of the head. Yes, I like his bear forms.

5. Talltinelee

Talltinelee Member

Georgia
    Thanks again George!! I’ve read your article (what i know about bears) great, informative article. The knowledge and help from this site have helped me and so many others!
    Thanks to all
    Talltinelee

Bakerwood likes this.