1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Montana CWD Regulations

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Chippers, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Chippers

Chippers Member

I wasn't entirely sure where to post this, but I read somewhere a little while back that any raw heads/skulls from cervids from out-of-state animals were banned from entering Montana. I don't know if this was ever true, but I read it before CWD was found in our wildlife populations. If the ban did exist, is it still in place? Was the whole thing made up by whoever told me? I'm hoping to take on more skull cleaning work, but most of my clients are from outside of MT.

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    While I can't specifically answer about Montana, I'm certain that the ban is in affect as it is in many states. Unfortunately that business plan isn't likely to work, if you abide by the law that is.

3. Chippers

Chippers Member

I guess I'll give FWP a call just to be certain. I definitely don't rely on skull cleaning, I'm just a kiddo living in an crappy apartment. Most of my work comes from pets/furbearers, but I figured a couple deer would be nice for a change. Thanks, I wasn't aware the ban was affecting multiple states

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018