1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New format

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Mike Powell, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

To any and everyone who worked on the new format: while I am still trying to figure out a few things (how to semd a pm for one) I really like the new site format and its ease of use. I’m sure many will need time to get up to speed with the changes, but I for one appreciate the hard work put into creating a really proffessional looking site that is very user friendly and efficient. Good job!
    Mike Powell

joeym likes this.
  2. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

It does have a nice clean look. My regrets are no longer having an updated topics button that easily lists all the replies to threads you posted in. Also the current events section is now open to all without logging in so remember that it will now show in web searches. That and expletive deleted's have reverted back to the original expletive so your cussing will come back to haunt you. Im sure it will be tweaked over time. Patience!

socalmountainman likes this.

3. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

i'm sorry but not including the updated topics button shows a lack of thought.

its obvious a lot of work went into this make over. with so much going on sometimes things get missed. i hope thats the case here.

i really like the site, i will like it more when i get it figured out. right now i dont feel like scanning to find where i posted anything

4. msestak

HEY....i think i just figured it out...instead of the updated topics button showing what you posted, just click on the "watch thread" when you reply or find a thread thats interesting enough for you to follow

Ta-DA....i am a genius ....now if i could only find the emoticons :) dang...i found them too

5. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Oh sit down genius boy. Its not the same thing!

6. msestak

HEY...dont deflate the Ego....

7. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I like the "like" button..... ;)

CMG, BVC, msestak and 1 other person like this.
  8. msestak

that was my idea :)

9. woakley144

woakley144 Active Member

@ Ken The new format is great! Must easier to use, will just take a little while to figure all the little quirks out.....

msestak likes this.
  10. Humptulips

Humptulips Member

Why change a good thing? I especially don't like anything about the new PM function.

11. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

The update was much needed. The old server wasn`t working for me as I always had problems with it. Thanks Ken for the update

msestak likes this.
  12. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

If it ain't broke don't fix it. This will take some getting use too. Not a fan of this yet

13. I like the new format but the search feature is frustrating. It won't let you search for what you type in. It will say such and such word was to common or to short and on and on. It makes you have to less words to look for something specific. Which in turn makes more topics pop up unrelated to what you are trying to search. My only complaint. And although I am a new member I did use the old setup and the search was much better. Unless I'm an idiot and doing something incorrect which could bet we'll be the case. Ha, Looks real good tho.

lrc1492 likes this.
  14. Glenn M

Glenn M Active Member

View attachment 189773
    You can use google advanced search. https://www.google.com/advanced_search
    Play around with it until you get use to it.
    Here is an example
    taxidermy.png

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  15. give that a shot, thanks

16. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

There is an Advanced Search but it's not obvious. Hover over the Search window and you'll see a "More" down at the bottom of the pop up that opens. Can search titles and also now use "Tags" if posters add them in when posting. PM's got difficult. Now, you have to click on the name of who you want to send to and start a "Conversation".

17. DeerMan43

DeerMan43 Member

PA.
    Anyone know where the archives are?

18. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

The old Archives (1996-2006) are temporarily disabled as we build a new directory.

19. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

Ken if you go to the “new profile posts” link it is showing what I assume to be private messages between 2 people. Is that supposed to be that way? I don’t think everybody should be able to see what is said in PM’s

20. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

When someone posts on your profile, anyone can see it. “Profile posts” are not private. “Conversations” (PMs) are private. If someone posts something you don’t want to be seen on your profile you can delete it.