1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy Software

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by FowlMouthA400, Jan 28, 2018.

1. FowlMouthA400

FowlMouthA400 New Member

What software do yall use and what are the pros and cons?
    Looking at quick books and Taxidermy direct

Thanks

2. kjdouble

kjdouble Member

Also look at Taxi shop. I have run it since 1999 and just upgraded to the 5.3. Lots of nice features in the new software. Tom is really good to work with also.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Tom McNeal likes this.

3. dwimberly

dwimberly Member

MS
    Taixshop is a must have. If you get anything else then you are wasting money. Tom has developed this down to a fine art just for taxidermy use. Very affordable. Feel free to PM me for more details

BrookeSFD16 and Tom McNeal like this.
  4. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I have an old version of Taxi shop (Windows 98!). Since I am just a hobbyist I have seen no need to upgrade but one of these days I will. I just use it to keep track of my stuff and inventory. Never used the bookkeeping functions on it. What I really like about it is it is on my computer! I back it up regularly in case of a crash (that happened once and I learned to back up) and once you pay for it, its yours for as long as you want. No subscription to a cloud based system that may or may not be in business six months from now where you may lose everything.

Hey Tom, will you latest version work on both Windows 7 and Windows 10?! I know one of these days that old computer will kick the bucket.

BrookeSFD16 likes this.
  5. kjdouble

kjdouble Member

Yes it will work on both 7 and 10. I'm running 7 now and I know others that are running 10

6. DeerMan43

DeerMan43 Member

PA.
    What is the web site for the taxishop software?

7. Tom McNeal

Tom McNeal Member

My thanks first to those who responded with nice comments about TAXIshop! I appreciate your recommendations and referrals!

And thank you too, 'FowlMouth', for contacting me today! I look forward to building your TAXIshop system.

'DeerMan' I'm sorry to say I had several calls today from folks who had trouble logging on to the TAXIshop website. I've contacted my web hosting provider and hopefully everything will be straightened out quickly. Please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to send you the same information that's on the website in PDF format.

Oh and yes, Pir^2h, TAXIshop 5 is rock solid stable and reliable on Windows XP through Windows 10.

Tom McNeal
    Maker of TAXIshop and TAXIdata Software
    Custom software for your taxidermy shop and association!
    Since 1994

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  8. DeerMan43

DeerMan43 Member

PA.
    Thanks, I had trouble finding the site itself, a Google search brought up several corrupt and malicious sites, not sure what was up. I will get to you sometime here. Thanks.

9. dwimberly

dwimberly Member

MS
    www.taxishop.net

DeerMan43 likes this.
  10. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Tom McNeal likes this.
  11. Tom McNeal

Tom McNeal Member

Thanks Ken! I appreciate your help!

Tom McNeal
    Maker of TAXIshop and TAXIdata Software
    Custom software for your taxidermy shop and association!
    Since 1994

12. I see it is PC only. Will it play nice in a parallel on my mac?

13. Tom McNeal

Tom McNeal Member

The short answer is, "Yes!" A number of my software clients are running TAXIshop on MACs with Parallels.

For additional information, check your private messages by clicking your Inbox in the upper right corner of this screen.

Please also see my reply (#9) to another similar question recently posted, here on 'taxinet', in the following thread. https://www.taxidermy.net/threads/408768/

Tom McNeal
    Maker of TAXIshop
    "Custom Software for your taxidermy shop!"
    Since 1995

BrookeSFD16 likes this.
  14. swin10

swin10 Member

I purchased Taxishop a couple years ago and love it! Highly recommend!

BrookeSFD16 likes this.