1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

help please (deer euros)

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by dmac1175, Jan 29, 2018.

1. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

I do a few euros each year and was working on them recently. I simmer in water to clean off tissue and meat. Then simmer in water with Dawn .
    Somehow I have lost the two small nose bones on the end of the skull. I have had those bones come off before but didn't lose them and was able to reattach. What can I do with these two skulls that I have completely lost the bones on?

2. you could try and steal them from another skull and make them work for yours but I doubt they would fit. dog probably got them if you left them out of the pot for long. my dog loves to chew those up.

3. Rob

Rob Member

Just for future references I put my skulls in Strainer bags that you can buy at most paint stores. That way it keeps from loosing anything.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  4. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

You can use them off other skulls, but this always requires some modification. Learn skull repair..it''s part of the process. You will need some apoxy sculpt to blend in around the repaired area, and an airbrush to tone in the colors.

5. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

Thanks for the replies. I only have one deer head to skin that I could rob the parts off of. I might have to rebuild them or order a artificial skull if client is ok with it.

6. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I had some deer skulls that came in without those bones. I used annealed wire armature and white Apoxy Sculpt to replicate the missing bones.

7. TrueNorthSkull&Bone

TrueNorthSkull&Bone New Member

Utah
    you could always use apoxy sculpt and build some, to me, the nose bones would not warrant a rep skull because these can be repaired or replaced. skull repair is an art and it would be good practice, something that may help and something that helps me, use elmers glue, it dries clear, it can be heated up if you need reset a piece of bone or something like that. find some nose bones and modify them to fit, glue them in and throw some zip ties or a tight rubber band around the skull and them cure and you are all set man! ive done this a bit, DM me if you need any help!

8. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

Thanks for the replies.