1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New Workshop

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Amy, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

60E23E40-B5BF-4E2D-95E8-0275748835FD.jpeg If there’s one thing I love, it’s looking at other people’s work spaces. I wanted to share my new one with you all. I don’t want to brag, but if there’s one time a person deserves to be proud, it’s finally achieving their new shop after working in a shops the size of a garden shed for the better part of 18 Years. This new building is 1200 square feet so it’s not a monster but it’s sized right for me. I just moved in, hence the extreme cleanliness. Hopefully I will be able to keep it that way.

Timjo, Bob, nocalhntr and 2 others like this.
  2. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

043B99F0-411D-4A07-9EC9-ED123BA2B75C.jpeg My wood walled showroom complements my favorite competition pieces

aewalsh likes this.

3. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

12432ADF-B8D2-473A-AD90-828A8B4C952F.jpeg Another view

4. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

53548CDB-6F11-4702-8195-B5748841451C.jpeg The other side of my work area

5. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

It also has an 8x8 bathroom with shower so guest can stay over.

We subbed out the basic framing and construction of the building, the Concrete, plumbing and insulation. Between my husband, my dad and my father in law, they did 80% of the work inside. I have some really great men in my life.

Wildthings likes this.
  6. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

Very nice

7. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Amy, that's awesome! I'm happy you have that beautiful new shop! I know there will be some great artistry performed there!

8. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Nicely done. It's a great feeling to move into or create a space that is efficient to work in.

9. Wow beautiful shop ,has to be a great feeling to move in a new shop like that congrats.

10. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Bueatiful work on building your ultimate shop Amy!

11. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Really nice! Are the walls curved or is that from a fisheye lens?

12. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

everything looks fantastic. who couldn't want to leave there trophy's with you after walking into that showroom!

13. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I like your workbench - I'd like to have that in my kitchen!

aewalsh and buckfever* like this.
  14. AZ~Rich

AZ~Rich " Africa" never fails to satisfy

Very nicely done! I'm sure it will be a pleasure to work in that setting. Nice design with added thought to the future it appears. I'm looking to build one soon and I had some similar thoughts about ceiling height, garage door options, finished floors and central work tables. You must be quite pleased.

15. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    Super cool! Love the curved walls.

16. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Wow. Really nice work area and showroom. Sweet concrete too. Congratulations!

17. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Thanks so much everyone. It has just been a dream to work in so far. I’ve not had running water, never had proper heating (just poor insulation and a space heater) and I’ve not been able to showcase any mounts to customers for years. This is like a dream come true.

The walls are not curved, that’s just what an iPhone does when you take a panoramic photo.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Wildthings likes this.
  18. Very nice Amy! Great set up.

19. Tom Maul

Tom Maul Active Member

SON!... That's sweet
    Good for you! No excuses, now... course, you never seem to need them.... :D

20. tem

tem Well-Known Member

wow.thats cool amy. i would hate to be the first one to get it dirty. you might as well retire.;)