1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Help me out with the Fish Photo Reference section......

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by DocEsox, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Just need feedback as I have attempted to keep this thing pretty darn useable for the last few years. Since the disaster with photobucket and perhaps other services, there are myriads of entries with no pictures. I'm not sure if the recent reformatting of this webpage had any effect but I am seeing very few pictures when I sort through the section. If you guys could wander through it too and let me know if you are not seeing lots of pictures also then I will probably go through and remove all the entries with no value..............

Brian....thanks

PS: Try to look at "photos" that aren't your own too.....thx

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

The ones I put on there still work.

:)

Kerby...

3. JHardman

JHardman Member

Wyoming
    The few I have posted are still there and open as they should.

4. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

I too see a bunch of emptiness when looking for photos, or the photobucket speedometer.
    upload_2018-2-7_6-37-41.png
    upload_2018-2-7_6-38-11.png

5. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

It's not just the picture reference section of the forum, it's tutorials section and anywhere people have not updated their photo bucket accounts or changed picture hosting sites. I found a nice tutorial on setting bobcat eyes but all the pictures are speedometers!!!

6. Lots of pictures missing.

7. Thanks guys....that's what I was looking for. I am going to go through the whole thing deleting where there are no longer pictures.....PLEASE start reposting some nice fish pics for the reference section as it gets its makeover.

Brian

8. hambone

hambone Active Member

Thanks for the effort.

9. Perk

Perk Deuce, My grouse dog

I put some musky pics on. This weekend when I get some time I will put on more.

10. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I'll see what I can do. I sure hope Photobucket pays dearly for being such assholes.

11. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Any posts I had originally had pictures hosted on Photobucket. As that option is permanently broken, I downloaded all my pictures back from them and deleted that account. I will not pay their ransom price to keep them visible. I uploaded all the pictures to a new site Postimage.org and I have been going to each post as someone makes me aware that pictures are missing and fixing them. It isn't hard to edit and put in new links to the rehosted pictures and fix the posts. There are other free hosting sites too but this one seems fine for now and the pictures work. If you click on the displayed picture, it also opens a larger one. This is using the "Hotlink for Forums" link they provide.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018