1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Inkbird ITC-306T gone way out of calibration

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by J7, Feb 10, 2018.

1. J7

J7 New Member

I use a bucket heater to heat surrounding water around my degreasing bucket. I use an Inkbird ITC-306T to control the temperature. It has worked rather well for 4 months and now its getting way out of calibration. I have the calibration setting maxed out and it still says that 120 degree Fahrenheit water is 160 degrees. Including the calibration setting; it is 55 degrees off. I have been using it this way for a couple of weeks and just check the actual temp with a different thermostat and adjust accordingly. Seems to be getting a little worse every water change. Does anybody know a fix for this? Thanks.

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Active Member

I do not own one of these but I can offer a suggestion. It seems that there is a 1 yr warranty on them and the contact info is near the bottom of this page CLICK HERE. Possibly you have an issue with electronics and humidity. If the unit is in an area of high humidity (or it got wet) it's possible that parts of the electronics inside have some corrosion on them. There are also a lot of complaints about it not working properly in the comments on Amazon about it. https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Elec...e=all_reviews&pageNumber=1#reviews-filter-bar

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018

3. J7

J7 New Member

Yeah. I'll be definitely contacting them. Its not in a humid area its sits away from the tank in a well ventilated room. My guess is maybe water has worked its way into the temperature probe? Anyway I'll have to get something else to keep the tank going while I deal with warranty issues with this one. What is another good option of brand and model for a temp controller?

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Active Member

Have you looked at other posts on here as to what others have done and used? This is an older post, currently with broken pictures but I have used this in the past and it works fine. https://www.taxidermy.net/threads/135484/

5. J7

J7 New Member

Thanks Sea Wolf. The search feature in the new forum is kind of PIA. I cant find most of the time. One I have to be logged in and it only shows up as a very small link at the bottom of the forums list. Cant access it from skulls & skeletons. Have to go back to forum list and sometimes its there and sometimes its not. I think the adds have something to do with it.

6. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Active Member

Nope. You will find it on this page but it isn't evident. Agreed that the new format takes some getting used to.

Look at the top of this page where it says SEARCH. Mouseover that and you'll see a window open up. At the bottom of that window is a blue block that says MORE. You will then see the option for the Advanced Search. You can search titles or in the threads. Sometimes you have to get creative with search terms. The title to that would come up with Bucket Heater but it is near the end of 32 posts on it. Bucket heater in posts alone brings up more than I would want to search through. But you can choose to select only the Skulls and Skeletons section to limit results.

7. J7

J7 New Member

OH that search button in the most obvious spot. haha. Looked right passed it over and over and over. That will help.