1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Little girl's fist fish ice fishing.

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by JL, Feb 12, 2018.

1. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

This is a reproduction yellow perch. IMG_0162.JPG

2. She did a very good job for her first .

Mudbat likes this.

3. Mudbat

Mudbat Active Member

Awesome!

4. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

What wonderful experience! Way too go Jean!

Rick Krane

5. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

absolutely wonderful to see our kids getting involved
    CL

FishArt likes this.
  6. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Kids are the best students! Their eyes light up with taxidermy! Did a presentation years ago for some third graders on "Career Day" on Fish Taxidermy (Career Day in 3rd grade mind you - lol!) Outside of the Pepsi guy that gave out free samples of soda and trinkets, I was the hit of the day!

woakley144 likes this.
  7. JL

Fish Art. I did one of those career days and had a pair of mounted fawns salvaged from a road kill doe and had them in a sleeping pose in a cardboard box with hay. The kids thought they were really sleeping and I didn't tell them the truth till the end. Some were repulsed while others started asking meaningful questions so I hope the presentation was successful. At least it made them aware of taxidermy.

FishArt likes this.
  8. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Very cool JL! I'll betcha the first thing they asked was "Are the eyes real?" Then, proceed to touch them! LOL. Kids are cool!

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Hell I've had adults ask me if the eyes are real. My favorite was when a guy pointing at northern pike on the wall said, "What the hell did you do with the dorsal fin on that pike?" :rolleyes:when he came with his friend to pick up a walleye. His buddy said, "You dumbass it's supposed to be back near the tail on a pike." :p

BTW JL kudos for doing this!

And don't you pronounce it foist fish instead of fist fish out there? ;)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  10. JL

Yea...I noticed the miss spelling after I posted..lol When you get to 82 you'll do that too...if you make it, and I hope you do. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I'll re-read all my posts from now on. JL

11. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

JL,

You missed my humor! It was using the typo to make fun of those New England accents. You know where you guys don't say your 'r's. Instead of first it sounds like foist and car sounds like caa etc. Of we have no accent in the midwest. ;)

And JL I've bean mispelling al mi life. I'll probably be in diaper in a nursing home at 82 if I make that far -- as you say.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  12. JL

Cecil, I didn't miss your humor, thought it was pretty funny actually.I can take it as well as dish it out so I don't know why you have your panties in a knot over this.Since you emigrated from this area I suspect your Massachusetts accent comes out every once in a while also as it never really disappears. So go feed those nice looking fish kick back and relax....have a beer on me and forget about this. JL

Cecil likes this.
  13. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

No undies in a knot here. Just wanted to make sure you didn't have yours in a knot. :D
    As far as my accent it's really hard to say as my first language wasn't even English. Sprichst du Deutsch? How about Parlez-vous Français since it seems you have some French ancestry judging by your last name? French Canadian? I spent some time in the Deep South too. Thank God I didn't pick up that hick talk.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  14. JL

Yes French Canadian and lucky for me I went to a CATHOLIC SCHOOL where I was taught English in the morning then French in the afternoon. Now I speak and write in both languages, mon ami.

Cecil likes this.
  15. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Well that explains your lack of humor. ;) Catholic nuns have a way of doing that. Been there done that. Fortunately I only had to deal with a year of it before we moved back to the states. Saw a lot of hands cracked with the ruler!