1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New forum, attaching a photo from my computer in Conversations?

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by FishArt, Feb 13, 2018.

1. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Usually, I can figure this stuff out. I'm also not sure you can attach a photo from your computer in Conversations? Maybe we cannot? I see you can do it off the internet with a URL in Conversations, but from your computer?

2. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Yes you can. Example from my "Pictures" file : IMG_2074.jpg

Attached Files:

FishArt likes this.

3. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I just realized it was Conversations and not posts - you're right Marty. You have to use URL's in Conversations! Sorry about that. Joe

FishArt likes this.
  4. FishArt

Either way, you answered my question Joe - thanks for talking the time!

Nice ride btw!

5. FishArt

Have you been able to find the "sent" box in Conversations? Or do you think that also went away?

6. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Now all of your replies are stored directly in each Conversation. There is no "Sent" box anymore.

FishArt and socalmountainman like this.
  7. FishArt

Thanks Ken. I kind've thought that was the answer. Change good, but Marty falling behind on techno stuff these days - lol!

8. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Played with it a bit. You can still embed pictures using hosted URLs. There is now the option of using that little black camera icon. You can now make a folder on here with a collection of uploaded pictures on this site itself. No idea what the limits are. I made a test one and tried it. Works in Convo and in posts. Not exactly direct from the PC but it's close.

FishArt likes this.
  9. FishArt

Seawolf - Always love the folks that can figure out the workarounds/other ways to make life easier and then share things with others. Thank you! Myself, sometimes I get obsessed with trying to solve problems and spend far too much time on something that is relatively benign. Like this problem! It would have taken me forever to figure out what you did - IF I figured it out at all. I've spent weeks trying to fix things like computer problems and ended up not solving the problems! Total defeat is the worst feeling! lol. Thanks again!

10. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Computers are evil. I'm just meaner than they are.

freeze_1 and FishArt like this.