1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First cape buff

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Amy, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

EAA2D26A-5AEA-46FD-A8D1-BD6CE4253780.jpeg 1291F05A-E150-4D4B-8EF0-6671BABA6E32.jpeg My first Cape buffalo. I feel that he could have turned out worse, and could have turned out better. I could have used more clay and softened those wrinkles better, and added more around the face. Mind you, I took this pic right after I mounted so I think some finish work will do him some good. I got a lot of good advice from Clay Wagner, sometimes it’s just hard to convert that advice to real life. I was a little out of my league on this big boy. Don’t worry, It’s for my own self (a cape and horns I obtained). I also was able to buy a 44” form for 35 bucks at an auction and altered him down to 40”’. Fit great except for a little tight in the forehead. Might have made it easier on myself just buying a proper form, but I like a challenge. Hopefully y’all don’t think it’s a total fail .. look what I had to work with. Cape was stiff, slipped and pretty sucky in general but from what I understand, that’s pretty par for the course with buffalo. I think I’ll stick with my baby bobcats and foxes, but at least I got one big ugly buffalo under my belt 28991029-1BA4-491C-8751-4B2F8A39EDAE.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

8E1A06E4-0A58-4E5E-86BA-EE4035050B89.jpeg The beautiful test fit Lol

deadperfecttaxidermy likes this.

3. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

they are a pain in the butt. you however did a great job. don't cut yourself short.

4. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Thank you. I am just such a perfectionist sometimes

Wildthings likes this.
  5. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

you being a perfectionist is what puts your work above others. keep up being a prefectionist

6. Nice !