1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Buying a new Airbrush. Harder and Steenbeck

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by DeerMan43, Mar 8, 2018.

1. DeerMan43

DeerMan43 Member

PA.
    Ok, so just figured I would check with someone who has one and uses it a lot.

I have narrowed my choice of purchase down to the Harder and Steenbeck Infinity CR plus 2 in 1 which is gravity feed OR their Infinity X CR PLUS Siphon feed.

Currently been using for many years a Peak X5 dual action. Like it, but time to upgrade.

Questions are as followed:

For those with the above posted brushes how do you like yours?

Would you suggest the gravity feed over the siphon feed? Or vise versa? Was considering the gravity,but really feel my siphon feed is great for switching colors fast. Just thinking maybe little more time switching colors with a gravity brush. Just a thought. Although I have multiple color cups now and changing colors is pretty fast. Let me know what you guys or gals like and why.

Wanting to purchase soon to get some time with it before I start finishing some deer here. The 2 in 1 gravity does look sweet though and comes with 2 needle and cap configuration so very thin and also a standard spray needle. Just some help would be appreciated on these models. If you have them. Thanks everyone.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. DeerMan43

DeerMan43 Member

PA.
    Anyone? No one has a Harder and Steenbeck?

3. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

Utube has a bunch of comparisons

4. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I had never heard of them and I've been doing this a long time. My Paasche's are about 30 yrs old and they still work like brand new. Someone once said that a good artist can make a Harbor Freight $20 airbrush work great!

3bears likes this.
  5. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I like mine. I have a passche and an Omni but I use my harbor freight ones. Brett Defreitas turned me on to them when I was at his place. Most troubles with airbrushes come from improperly thinned paint and air pressure settings. If someone is going to be doing fish I’d get the best there is. Whatever that is. My 20 dollar harbor freight air brush and compressor does all I need an airbrush to do.
    Airbrushes do need to be cleaned too.

socalmountainman likes this.
  6. Paschee talon about 60 bucks. UNless you need the extra then it 106. Best one I have found. Beats the Iwatas hands down.