1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by kjdouble, Mar 13, 2018.

1. kjdouble

kjdouble Member

Has anyone here in the states ordered eyes from Taxidermy.by in Belarus. Just wondering your experience of doing business, good or bad
  2. Yes I have ordered twice. First time eyes came very quickly and shipping was very cheap. Second time I ordered around the end of NOV. That caused a problem because of Christmas and all the international shipments coming to Canada. But the eyes did arrive by the end of Jan. Eyes are a nice quality, I used a pair of eyes from them in my american toad that won best in the world mixed group. So next time I would just avoid the Christmas season when ordering. I have ordered bear,deer, fox,lynx, budgie, toad, falcon and frog eyes and been happy with all of them.
    kjdouble likes this.

3. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Are their bird eyes a low profile or aspheric?
  4. tem

tem Active Member

i got some deer eyes from them. i thought they looked kinda strange but thats just me. my card # got stoled and had to get a new card. i got super glue on one. tryed to get it off. it just got worse. iv always got glue off all the other eyes in the past with no damage to the eye. dont know what there eyes are made of but ill never buy another eye from them. j.m.o.
    kjdouble likes this.
  5. DL

DL Well-Known Member

That would be my biggest concern is getting my card# stolen.
  6. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

I have placed several orders with them. I have only really used their reptile eyes, but they are 2nd to none on the quality and realism. Nobody sells reptile eyes even close to that quality that I have found. I can't speak for their mammal or bird eyes, but I would highly recommend their reptile eyes. Shipping is also fairly quick for overseas, but they often do have to make the eyes per each order.

Hope this helps
    kjdouble likes this.
  7. kjdouble

kjdouble Member

Thanks everyone for the insight. Placed a small order with them. Will let you know how my experience goes. All mammals so I'll be able to comment on those.
  8. AliciaG

AliciaG Museum taxidermist and exhibit preparator

I've used the bird eyes and think they are a great deal for the quality. I don't care for acrylic eyes myself, but I have to admit the level of detail that can be captured in these things is impressive.