1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I need some ideas...

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Cecil, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it have to stick?

I will have some from 16 to maximum of 18 inches in May. Larger male fish in full spawning colors to 24 inches in October.

rwenglish1 likes this.
  2. I would like a male and a female if you raise females in October I sent you a pm before i Found this post again
    I would like big male in May also
    Thanks

I think painters tape would stick just enough to stay in place before freezing and then once you put plastic over the fish they would have some added protection. When you shop me a male Brookie in May you could try it.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018

3. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

O.K. Randal I have you down. I'll try it. I plan on doing some experimenting.

4. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Turn down the setting on the vacuum sealer. Have it draw the air out but not squeeze the fish so much.
    Ralph

5. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I already do that.

6. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

I will still suggest the paper for hand drying Cecil! It comes in rolls, has no pattern, soaks up water by design, it's thick so can protect (especially when wet) and might be cheaper than bed sheets.

Soak it with borax water?

~S

Cecil likes this.
  7. den007

den007 Active Member

If the fins get brittle, try brushing on some glycerine. If you have ever seen the softening effect of this on hands........Cornhuskers lotion..........amazing. Glycerine is hygroscopic.......sucks water into things not out. Worth a shot.