1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Airbrush Recommendations

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Chippers, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Chippers

Chippers Member

I'm hoping to tackle my first few deer in a month or two, what are some airbrushes you'd recommend for a newbie? I've never used one before. I take it they'd also need an air compressor.

2. BuffaloHop36

BuffaloHop36 New Member

Chippers likes this.

3. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

My first purchase of an airbrush was a Paasche VL combined kit from ebay. I actually really like it. It is a good general brush and will certainly do the job on most mammal work. You can also get fairly good detail work out of it. Here is the kit I originally purchased. It isn't the cheapest thing in the world but it has everything needed to get you started if your working from scratch.

Hope this helps
    Chris

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Paasche-VL...365381&hash=item5af8697b41:g:BT0AAOSwoydWrdMV

Chippers likes this.
  4. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I use the paashe single action with a small compressor. You’ not likely use the paints that come with a kit in taxidermy, so I would suggest buying a simpler airbrush/compressor combo will run $125-$150.

Chippers likes this.
  5. Chippers

Chippers Member

Thanks folks, I'll check them out. I appreciate the help

6. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Chippers, I suggest that you buy a Paasche H set. I did when I started this journey, guess what that exact brush is still my everyday brush. I have been at this for over 10 years. I've tried others and have been unsatisfied with them. I finally bought another Paasche, not because there is anything wrong with the original but because I like to use different size tips and this lets me do that quicker. I use them for everything. The important part is to become familiar with your airbrush and paints, whatever you choose and spend the time to practice with them.

Chippers likes this.