1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

SELLERS...you have to look at and reply to your messages

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Bill Yox, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Im not sure why Im even having to to write this, but here goes...
    Sellers, Ive been being very diligent in editing all comments off of the for sale ads so you all have equal time on the first page of the for sale list, as per the rules. I write nice little notes to buyers when I edit their comments. They in turn write me nice little notes, in frustration as they try to contact you sellers to buy, but you dont read or reply to your ads through messaging. I feel like I should be passing out cookies and milk at this point. SELLERS, LOOK AT THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF YOUR SCREEN FOR "INBOX". CLICK ON IT FOR YOUR INCOMING MESSAGES. IVE BEEN WATCHING YOU ALL MISS OUT ON SALES. There, buyers, thats the best I can do for you. My hunch is, however, that if folks are selling stuff and dont answer there messages, one wonders how good of a sale youre getting yourself into...Good luck to everyone.

2. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

what does it mean when I get an alert someone has posted on my profile ,and how do I see what it was? it isn`t a message. I get those, read them and respond...lol, unless I KNOW it is a known player .

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018

3. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Bob i am not the best guy to ask tech questions. I had someone message me through my profile instead of as a private message too. I think I just clicked my name, and saw it posted in my profile. You can always ask Ken Edwards or post it as a question in "forum operations".

4. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

I`m in the same boat bill. I did what you said and could see names but couldn`t figure out how to get whatever message they sent that way, vs. the conventional message way. those I get. I miss the old forum!

Surrexis likes this.
  5. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Bob, move your mouse over that "Alerts" but don't click on it initially. A pop up window appears and will say what the alerts are and who from. Near the bottom left of that pop up it will say "Show All". Click on that and a list of the alerts will show up. .... NOW, the next part is tricky. You can click on each line to see the alert and read it but, for some reason, it isn't very obvious. On my own, I see a line that says, "SoandSo wrote a message on your profile." It appears that "your profile" is in blue and it is a link you can click on. This blue color is not at all obvious in the smaller print and maybe it can be changed to red or something more visible by Management. Click on the words "your profile" and a page will open with the recent alerts that you can read. ..... Hope it helps.

Bill Yox likes this.
  6. classicfur

classicfur Taxidermist - 30 Years

Maine
    The For Sale section becomes kinda worthless when the Sellers don't check for messages for something I really wanted to buy. Or as the new word for Messages: conversations. It's hard to carry on a conversation by yourself.???

7. Kings Hodson

Kings Hodson New Member

Thanks very much for this good directive write up.Please I wish to ask if health and medical/ pharmaceutical products can also be sell here.

Thank you!

8. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

This site is for taxidermy related items only. So the answer to your question would be "No."

Kings Hodson likes this.
  9. Tony T

Tony T Member

I think the buyers or should I say"tire kickers" should also have to reply as they ask the seller all kinds of ?'s and then they never get back to you after you have looked up the shipping costs and have emailed them if they are still interested.Then they reply they do want the product and again you have to email them again.While their making up their mind you have told others that it might be sold and maybe losing. a sale because lof lack of communication.

kojak likes this.
  10. old60furs

old60furs MO buyers license number is 2465. I need your #

Welcome to the real world, Tomy T. It has been that way and always will be. That is what makes life on this forum interesting! Hang in there and you will learn a little about how folks operate and think! haha