1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Non native crow or raven

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Lab Man, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Lab Man

Lab Man New Member

Hello,

I am looking for a non native crow or raven for a taxidermy piece. Please email me with images and a price for what you have.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Erimidi Igor

Erimidi Igor Member

I have a ready taxidermy ravens, with a large order there is a substantial discount!
    If you need dry salted carcasses, then you'll have to wait until autumn, because now the pen is not beautiful
    My email is [email protected]
    Website https://taxidermyanimal.com/

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Erimidi, do you know what species your ravens are? If they are CORVUS CORAX, they can not be imported into the USA by any means as it is also the native species there. Even if you have export papers, they can not be accepted into the USA and will be destroyed by US Customs on entry.

4. Erimidi Igor

Erimidi Igor Member

I contacted the US Customs. they said that they have enough of these documents to pass customs. I already sent many times to the USA with these documents and everything was fine.

5. Sea Wolf

If they made it to people who bought them, then they were missed by Customs. In the USA, it is actually illegal for you to have raven feathers, let alone a whole mounted bird. You have owls for sale too and, if they are also native to the USA, they can not be sent here legally. If people having these are caught they will lose the mount and possibly face large fines and possibly jail time. Ravens are protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty. Maybe you were told that your paperwork said they could be sent but the person you are shipping it to also has to have approved paperwork from the government and they will never get it.

"Ravens are migratory, and all migratory birds are protected by federal law. This law goes further, and makes it illegal to possess any part of a migratory bird without a permit. You'd likely need to be Native American and show proof of that to obtain the permit. The MBTA referred to below is the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

"The MBTA provides that it is unlawful to pursue, hunt, take, capture, kill, possess, sell, purchase, barter, import, export, or transport any migratory bird, or any part, nest, or egg or any such bird, unless authorized under a permit issued by the Secretary of the Interior."

George likes this.
  6. Erimidi Igor

Erimidi Igor Member

Owls I do documents to a trust company in the US, the Cites document, so it's completely legal, the only thing I need to do is to sell them for half a year.
    And at the expense of ravens, I consulted a lot with lawyers, and all confirmed that you can send such documents!

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Someone is missing the point here.
    For you new guys, you'd be VERY WISE to listen to what Sea Wolf says. This person is likely correct in what he says. HIS LAWS allow him to send them to you but it's not HIS LAWS that will get you into financial trouble. The US laws are much more restrictive that those of other countries. It's "legal" to shoot polar bears and Tur in their native country but you can't get them back into the US. Different animal, same result.

8. Erimidi Igor

Erimidi Igor Member

I once again learn about the laws. But the law of Cites is the same for all one. All these laws I learn through the Ministry of Ecology of Ukraine, they are engaged in the laws of Cites. In the US, Cites is also in contact with Ukraine ....

9. Sea Wolf

It is not CITES laws here. It is Federal Government laws of the United States. Laws that apply only to US citizens. CITES matters not. NO ONE in the USA can possess any native hawk, owl or other raptor unless it is an educational institution like a school or museum. Even then, they must apply for special permission to do so. A common person will suffer huge fines and many legal problems if you are caught with one. Migratory birds and sea mammals in this country also fall under special laws. These laws are enforced over and above any CITES laws. CITES will say the animal is not in danger and not protected but USA Federal Government laws say that it is and you get into a huge amount of trouble even if you break those laws by accident and you didn't know about them (but most people here really do know about those laws).

People in Canada and Europe and other countries don't have the same laws and they can easily sell, import and own all manner of wonderful things. Not so here unfortunately.

Megan :) and George like this.
  10. Erimidi Igor

Erimidi Igor Member

In my country, I submit all the documents collected to the Cites ministry, they look at these documents, receive a request from me from the United States (trusted company), and after the 30-day review they issue or not issue (if any) documents Cites. According to our legislation, I have every right to transit through any country, and delivery to the United States.
    Now I want to do the same thing only to the European Union.
    Thank you

11. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

Sea Wolf...we recently had specimens of magpie and raven along with hooded crow and others,imported legally from europe ,thru customs,thru usda facility,and signed off by usfw inspecter....the ravens are a different sub-species than US,Canada,Mexico so are allowed to be imported the MBT is only with the 3 afore mentioned countries ,and are not a recognized native of any of them.

12. Erimidi Igor

Erimidi Igor Member

Thank you very much, I will think about your proposal.

13. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

proposal ?

14. Erimidi Igor

Erimidi Igor Member

I'm sorry, I wanted to say - a very good offer from you