1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Full mount bighorn sheep

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by PrimalAdornments, Mar 26, 2018.

1. PrimalAdornments

PrimalAdornments New Member

Have a Bighorn Sheep originally from British Columbia (I'm in Maine) that I'm looking to sell. It's in amazing condition and set in a nice little scene with a mouse poking his head out of a log and everything! Is this a rare piece and around what should be the asking price? Any help is greatly appreciated!

ram likes this.
  2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Just too little information here. There are Big Horns and then there are BIG Horns. What do the horns score? Next, "amazing condition" doesn't cut it with professionals. What's "amazing" to someone, may be trash to someone else. In today's world, few people want an animal they didn't take themselves. Though the horns might be of some interest, a life-sized mount can be that "elephant in the room" for many. You'll need to have pictures (close-ups including that "mouse poking his head out"} along with a rough score on those horns to attract the clientele why may be able to or want to purchase it. Remember, we're taxidermists and we don't usually buy and sell mounted specimen. You'd be upset if any of us offered you what it's worth to us.