1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

woodie group mount

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by byrdman, Apr 4, 2018.

1. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

am doing a group mount of 5 flying woodies on a large driftwood for my showroom hen drake hen dr dr question is I have a nice male hoodie I shot last fall and was thinking of putting him in with the woodies what would yall think keep separate or mix in dont recall ever seeing them together but they use same habitat and nest boxes round here dontcha know any comments appreciated you betcha

2. spurhunter

spurhunter Active Member

SC
    I often see hooded mergs with wood ducks here in upstate SC while hunting flooded hardwoods and beaver ponds. Would be perfectly accurate IMO to have them grouped, maybe the merg trailing though.

nemo likes this.

3. spurhunter

spurhunter Active Member

SC
    No illusions with these pictures, just to demonstrate the comment.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. benp

benp New Member

almost always have hooded merganser come in with the wood ducks in NC

5. Her_BirdArt

Her_BirdArt New Member

That would be neat, I have seen them together in North East Ohio and west virginia!

6. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I remember seeing a "Wild America" episode once where a female hoody flew into a woodduck nest, laid her egg, and left. The hoody chick would drive the woody hen crazy by doing it's disappearing act (diving) as they swam through the marsh. The two species co-habitate.

Tom Mayer likes this.
  7. Tom Mayer

Tom Mayer Member

I've seen that one too.

8. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

thanks all hes in will post pics when its all done