1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Juniper!!Juniper!!!!!Juniper!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by coloradocat, Apr 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. coloradocat

coloradocat Member

I will once again be offering juniper on this website after my 3 year hiatus. I have restructured my business to just taxidermy woodwork-juniper- and my world famous raw fur stretchers.

As many will attest on here, I offer a superb product at a fair price. I am in the process of getting some pieces made and photos taken to put on here. But as with everything time is money. So to save me and YOU additional labor cost's if there is something you are looking for juniper wise call me or text me. With todays phones I can show you almost imstantly of what I have.

All that being said, let's have a crash course in juniper. It is all legally cut on private property in Colorado. The white coloration is the live portion of the tree, the dark coloration is the dead portion. Most pieces will have both colors in it. At times I find unique pieces on fallen dead that I cut, and cleaned up is some of the most beautiful grain colors in the world. Juniper is a very heavy shag barked tree. Very labor intensive removing it as well as in the gathering. A lot of shoe leather goes into every piece, you don't just drive to it. REMEMBER....... juniper is a very heavy wood, as well as irregular in shape. Keep that in mind when searching for a piece, as shipping can get expensive on very large pieces

And a couple of rules, you gotta give me a idea on what your looking for. Wall piece,base piece. Saying Im looking for a piece for a duck or a fish is a pretty broad statement. How tall, how wide, will help me a ton in understanding what your looking for. Tell me a flying duck, or base for a big game pedestal, or a pike. You guys get it, send a stickman drawing by text and I will nail it every time. I am also making pedestals, not your ordinary barnwood run of the mill stuff. But real weathered reclaimed wood with a super twist of modern look to it as well. I have searched out some of the nicest western barnwood , its good stuff. Built with a sub structure under it to provide super strength. Keep me in mind on your next project. Photos to come, but this puts the bug in your ear. Looking forward to helping you guys and gals.

PM me or Call or text- Otis Latham 970-812-7473

https://i.imgur.com/mKBt5Fdl.jpg
    The juniper tree

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    jordan.feller and BrookeSFD16 like this.
  2. coloradocat

coloradocat Member

Thought I would offer up a few pieces. The juniper pieces are washed and rough sanded so you will have to sand to your liking. Lacquer is the best finish for juniper if you want it to really pop, I use a semi gloss. PM me if there is a piece you want, and will reply in the order they came in. Im cutting today, so will be this afternoon before I answer you.

[​IMG]

This piece is 17" tall 14" deep 10"wide. I have it standing on the saw cut portion but could be layed and configured differently. Make a nice bird or fish piece.SOLD

[​IMG]

This piece is 14" wide 8" deep and 13" tall. Has a little movement, with a lot of cream color in it.SOLD

[​IMG]
    Is 19" wide 8" deep and 21" tall. Nice piece that could be used for about anything. Will knock $10 off it, $35 now.SOLD

[​IMG]
    This one is 24" wide 7" deep 24" tall. Would make a really nice wall piece as it lays somewhat flat. The dead limb at the bottom between the cream with look awesome when finish is applied.SOLD

[​IMG]

As always taking orders on custom pedestals. This particular one is our most popular. Made of true Wyoming snow fence and highlighted with antiqued alder.
    16x16x30 is the footprint. And smooth enough you can dust it without hanging up your cloth. Most turn around times are about 2 weeks.

[​IMG]

One we just finished for a customer, left natural colors.

[​IMG]
    Doubled up,sorry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 piece set, they all go together for that one money. Dead wood juniper. Vertical pieces are 4" diameter 7" tall. Flat piece is 11" wide 6"deep 4" tall. Plus shipping.SOLD

[​IMG]

2 elk scarred aspen slabs. Finished. Great for European wall mounts. Both go together. 6x20x1. Plus shipping.SOLD

[​IMG]

Finished juniper piece. 20" long 10" high 11" deep. Could use it for about anything. SOLD

[​IMG]

Big game pedestal base. Super nice piece, folds back over itself like a clamshell. 13"long 8"wide 8" tall. Finished and ready to go. Lots of contrast in this one. SOLD

[​IMG]

Small juniper pedestal on a juniper wood base. Finished, dead wood with lots of movement. 11" wide 10"deep 8" tall. Pretty little piece. SOLD

[​IMG]
    Really nice looking juniper branch with base. You guys are the taxidermists, the sky is probably the limit with what you could stick on there. 16" wide 15"deep 20"tall. plus shipping of course.SOLD

[​IMG]

Juniper burl with base. Burls are hard to find on juniper. 12" wide 10" deep 5"tall, plus shipping.

[​IMG]

Juniper pedestal a lot of motion with base. Is dead wood and left some natural rough edges on the back limb. 14" wide 10" deep 12" tall, plus shipping.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018

3. stims

stims Member

Hi. I'll take #1 if you still have it. Please let me know. thanks.

4. NickMs

NickMs Member

5. NickMs

NickMs Member

I will take # 4 as well. Thanks

6. team-hoyt

team-hoyt breed and raise tegus

Wv
    the pedistal base left natural how much does that run the one pictured last?

7. coloradocat

coloradocat Member

My apologies to the Mods. and other sellers. But seems to be the only way to get guys to check there messages.

Stim, I have you down for #1, do you want it? If not I will put it back up for sale. Guys check your Private Message box. I will leave it up until morning, if nothing it will go back on sale guys and gals.

To the others that have used the channels thank you!!!! Thank you!!!!

Chippers likes this.
  8. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    I’ll take #1 and #2

9. coloradocat

coloradocat Member

New updates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Offering this set of 6 pieces of natural dead juniper. I have done nothing to it except clean the saw cut up on the bandsaw. The one piece on the bottom photo left side has visible saw marks from cutting decayed branches off. They fit in a 12x13x21 box. All 6 pieces $35 plus shipping. Note: These are natural weathered dead wood.SOLD to Sprigman, check your messages.

[​IMG]

15x15x30 barnwood pedestal. Habitat opening is 9x9. Barnwood has been waxed so it retains its character but is smooth to the touch so it can be dusted. Has anitiqued alder accent panels and accent top and bottom. $300 shipped lower 48. Make a really nice pronghorn or deer pedestal.

[​IMG]

This piece is still available. Will knock the price down to $55, 14 wide 10 deep 12 tall. Plus shipping.SOLD to Bryan

[​IMG]

This one is still available as well. Juniper burl mounted on a milled piece of juniper. Will lower the price to $40 plus shipping. 12 wide 10 deep 5 tall SOLD to Bryan

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  10. Sprigman

Sprigman Member

I’ll take the 6 piece lot if they are still available.

11. Bryan Russell

Bryan Russell Active Member

I'll take 11 and 12