1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Way We See Color Varies

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by DL, Apr 16, 2018.

1. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Cecil likes this.
  2. Over the years I have made the conclusion many people cant see pearls and metallic's. Not just from fish taxidermy but some other things I do. Some people see silver metallic as gray. So other colors too. One locally famous person told me the colors on brown trout once, I looked at him and ask where have you seen that? On all the Browns fro the White River was his reply. I then said show me, thats when we figured out he is color blind. Not to pure colors, but when tinted with other colors is when his vision fails. Even Thomas Hart Benton had color problems. So people are not alone.

Cecil likes this.

3. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

This article is even weirder:

There's Evidence Humans Didn't Actually See Blue Until Modern Times

But there's actually evidence that, until modern times, humans didn't actually see the colour blue.

As Kevin Loria reported for Business Insider back in 2015, the evidence dates all the way back to the 1800s.

That's when scholar William Gladstone - who later went on to be the Prime Minister of Great Britain - noticed that, in the Odyssey, Homer describes the ocean as "wine-dark" and other strange hues, but he never uses the word 'blue'.

Snip...

https://www.sciencealert.com/humans-didn-t-see-the-colour-blue-until-modern-times-evidence-science