1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What form is this whitetail??

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by swb, Apr 17, 2018.

1. swb

swb Member

IMG_1977.PNG Just wondering what form this is? Came across it somewhere and now I can't find it.
    Thanks,
    Shane

2. Looks like a Coombs 9700.

3. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I think it may be from Second 2 Nature - their own wall pedestal line.

Doubled-d65 likes this.
  4. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

That's an overly detailed Coombs..

Lance.G likes this.
  5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

You can USUALLY tell a Coombs wall ped from the little bump opposite of the front point of the shoulder.

6. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Boxie in Texas might have reference of a deer like that, but I’ve never seen that definition in Iowa.

7. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

There are no deer walking the planet that resemble anything close to that. Not even in Texas.

John C and rogerswildlife like this.
  8. swb

swb Member

They are out there, just gotta look

Attached Files:

9. fish stuffer

fish stuffer Active Member

I just had a cust. send me that very pic about 4 mos. ago. Wanted his "just like that." His deer was a small 8 point hit by car. 12" wide rack. I bought a coombs 9500, then a 9400, I think it was. The 9700 is looking back more than the 9500, if I remember correctly. The 9400, doesn't have the leg sticking out. I liked the form, but I sanded it alot to give it the arnold swartzenagger look. Still hanging on my wall, waiting to be picked up.

joeym likes this.
  10. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I think its a beautiful mount! I've had one customer show me that photo and he wants his deer mounted the same way! So, it's a Coombs 9400?

11. fish stuffer

Joey, I will check and see what I ordered and post later. I know I ordered a 9500 and noticed the little leg sticking out. So then I re ordered a 94 I think. The cust. sends this pic but his deer is tiny. I sanded and high lighted the muscel detail. I sent him a pic of the mount. He loves it. He hasn't came and got it yet.

12. fish stuffer

The one I ordered was 9400. But as I said the deer was way smaller than the monster buck pictured. Turned out nice. I like the form.

13. Ya looks like a coombs form to me.