1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

World show rules question.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Shawn73, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

I recently took 2 first places with my upland birds and 2 second places each with my ducks and turkeys.professional division at our state show. Now at the world show do I have to go to masters with my upland now and professional with my waterfowl? Or is birds just one category and now I'm in masters for all? Can some one tell me about the rules or give me contact info for some one that knows the rules.

2. Kathy

Kathy Active Member

It depends on whether you intend to compete for a Best in World title.

Master Division
    (World Title Division)

1. Who May Compete: Anyone may enter this open division, however, this is the toughest level of regular competition at the World Taxidermy Championships® and is for taxidermists who are prepared for stiff competition. Basically, the learning is over, and they know what is expected of world-class mounts. The Master Division competitors will be vying for Best in World honors and a possible 16 World Champion titles.
    Due to the fact that this is a single-ribbon division (First, Second and Third place), it is possible that a mount scoring over ninety may not receive an award/ribbon if the judges rate three other entries higher in the same category. Judges break any ties.

Professional Division
    1. Who May Compete: Anyone who desires may enter this open division, however, this division is geared toward professional taxidermists.
    2. Judging: Although the scoring system is the same, judging will be less critical than in the Master Division. Good professional taxidermy standards will be considered and traditional sportsman-oriented poses will be acceptable. Mounts must be technically correct as to today’s commercial standards as interpreted by the judging staff. Each entry will be judged separately and independently by one of the division judges.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018

3. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Shawn
    Another point that might help is the world show is not affiliated with any other show , state regional or nationals. You don’t have to enter any certain division because of something your mount achieved at the state or national level.

Kathy and rogerswildlife like this.