1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fur Mittens

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by nswiken, Apr 21, 2018.

1. nswiken

nswiken Well-Known Member

I have been sewing fur mittens, and have taken up beading, as well, to dress them up. Here are a couple examples.

"The Norse Face" are otter fur with a split palm for finger access. They have a sheared beaver flap sewn inside the thumb and across the fingers, so you can place your digits against fur or against the leather palm, depending on your situation.
    [​IMG]

Diamondback are also otter fur with the sheared beaver insert, but no split palm. This pair is available, if you are interested.
    [​IMG]

I have made mittens with beaver, coyote, raccoon, and gray fox fur. There is nothing like real fur for warmth and appearance.

Surrexis, NoJenArt and Toolfactory like this.
  2. nswiken

Here is the other bead work I have been working on. Left to right: Double Dragon, rhinoceros viper, gaboon viper, coral snakes, "The Norse Face" version 2, bull snake, and a Mediterranean design.

[​IMG]

And some turkey feathers I added to my slate call and lanyard.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    BrookeSFD16 likes this.

3. Jaegerbones

Jaegerbones New Member

Wow, the bead work is very cool! I love that a lot of it is referenced from snakes and those mittens look lovely. Nice job!

4. prices?

5. nswiken

The pair with the Diamondback pattern is the only pair I have available right now. I have been selling them for $300 locally. They are one of a kind and hand-stitched

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019