1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" May Edition 2018!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, May 1, 2018.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" May Edition 2018!!!!!!!

A warm welcome from Hinsdale New Hampshire! Spring is finally here and the ice is completely out!!! Our time of the year for taxidermist and anglers alike spend time fishing and colleting memories for a life time of beauty and possibly the one display fish that you have always wanted to work with! Enjoy the month and make the most of good weather!

A huge thanks to the countless contributors and to the many great folks who share in this great tradition that has been around for over a decade It is very true that we all begin somewhere and all the learning and work hard that goes in to the pursuit at being is what makes us the taxidermists we become

This tradition of the Month in Fish Pictures has always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show their work without criticism and hard comments! So, let’s remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get too involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

The month of April was a great month for truly inspiring photos so let’s continue the contributions! Thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

Inspiration in what we share is part of the friendliness and positive observations of fans of fish work. This is a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration other with your work regardless of your skill level as a fish taxidermist or fishcarver!

Be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to say thank you for join me each month for each installment of the Month in Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first-hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginners to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more than great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of May with this pair of pedestal Bass which will be a 2-fish personal display piece created by our good friend Mr. Dave Shepack of Connecticut who spent some time with us last month. The Joy of cresting your own works of fish art is very rewarding for sure!

Can’t wait to see your work this month! See ya in June! Be safe and be kind to one another!

You're Friend

Rick Krane

PS: Don’t forget Mom this month!

Please enjoy the work of Mr. Dave Shepack of Connecticut
    DSC_0414.JPG

Cecil, srholmes30 and AnglingArtisan like this.
  2. Swissfish

Swissfish Well-Known Member

This is a Rudd (Scardinius erytrophtalmus) skin mount using the real head and fins. I wish to everyone a lot of success and fun in the upcoming beautiful month of spring. _DSC3191_korr_©.jpg

3. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

custom grayling from a fish I caught in wyoming IMG_0566.jpg

Mark V., Taxi-lover, boone90 and 11 others like this.
  4. fishmaster

20150807_082147.jpg

JE, rogerswildlife, Sotired and 14 others like this.
  5. fishmaster

This one is dialing the clock back about 30 yrs. A world record size brown trout "woodcarving" I did for Johny Morris. The water was carved from wood also.
    img004.jpg

6. 31543238_10208847321779494_2851728804164927488_n.jpg

Ken 2, JE, Sikk and 2 others like this.
  7. 31682338_10208847322459511_3450524125141925888_o.jpg

JE, Sikk and srholmes30 like this.
  8. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

A batch of Trout pre-gloss...
    DSC_0031 (2).JPG

9. dale65

dale65 Active Member

0619151247.jpg

srholmes30 likes this.
  10. AnglingArtisan likes this.
  11. AnglingArtisan

Thanks Jim!

12. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Not to slight any of the other postings b/c we have a lot of fantastic stuff in this thread. But, I have to say simply amazing Swissfish! Every little detail on this (I would assume very difficult to mount) fish is truly on another level!!! You da man!!!

JL, Swissfish and Sotired like this.
  13. Swissfish

Thank you so much FishArt, I truly feel honored to get such a compliment! Yes, indeed...it's really not an easy fish to mount, like almost all smaller species out of the Cyprinides family. Thanks to everybody for the likes! I like this thread, great work is shown here all the time, congratulations to everyone! Keep up your good work and talent and have fun! I think we are all blessed people to be able to do what we love so much....fish taxidermy! All best to you all!

JL, AnglingArtisan and FishArt like this.
  14. AnglingArtisan

DSC_0006 (2).JPG DSC_0001 (2).JPG

srholmes30, Ken 2, Sikk and 10 others like this.
  15. Swissfish

You may have seen that mount already, it's not one of my newest, but I guess I never shared it here. It's a skin mount of a Sunbleak (Leucaspius delineatus) using the real head and fins. Size: 2.4 inches. It's still one of my favorite mounts. IMG_4112©.jpg

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  16. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

8lb Spotted Bass Replica. The barring stopped just short of the Caudal Shelf. Was weird. Bev's blank
    [​IMG]
    Inside shot, Same fish...
    [​IMG]
    Close detail shot
    [​IMG]
    Big Arp Largemouth
    [​IMG]
    Head Shot
    [​IMG]
    Another Smaller Arp Bass
    [​IMG]
    Head Shot
    [​IMG]
    Another Arp with a Scar on his flank
    [​IMG]
    Closer of the scarring...
    [​IMG]
    Dark Arp for a New York client
    [​IMG]
    Head Shot
    [​IMG]
    Another big Arp for an Iowa client
    [​IMG]
    Head Shot
    [​IMG]
    Big Hen for In-Fisherman writer Jim Gronaw. LCR blank
    [​IMG]
    Detail shot
    [​IMG]

Super hard to follow Rich and Matthias. But there it is. Great work guys and gals.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    boone90, dale65, srholmes30 and 20 others like this.
  17. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    Some great works of fish, umm, urr, art? :confused:

It is to me and I appreciate everyones efforts ..........
    2018s2641.jpg

nemo, dale65, srholmes30 and 20 others like this.
  18. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Timjo that Smallie is going to lose scales if you let it flop around like that - nice!!!

Sikk, Timjo, Swissfish and 2 others like this.
  19. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Me Too Tim, Me Too... 2018 Taylor, Jason.jpg

Sikk, srholmes30, Ken 2 and 8 others like this.
  20. AnglingArtisan

New Mold (MCHS-17) 42"x 26"x 36 lbs.
    DSC_0028 (2).JPG DSC_0017.JPG DSC_0032 (2).JPG

Red stag, boone90, Sikk and 12 others like this.