1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Back markings on three tiger trout

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Cecil, May 6, 2018.

1. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I'm selecting the best fish from one of the larger ponds before it gets too warm and moving them to a well (borehole) fed pond that stays cold year around. Here are three tiger trout I moved that I hatched a couple of winters ago. About 14 to 15 inches.

Sides are not as impressive as even with astaxathin enhanced feed to color them up, they are staying someone chromish so far -- albeit the flesh is red. Of course that will change drastically this fall.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Multispeciestamer, JL, Mudbat and 2 others like this.
  2. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Cecil, do you ever sorta get attached to some of these fish and have trouble when it comes to harvest time? Gorgeous fish!

Mudbat and Cecil like this.

3. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Nope I'm a capitalist. :p

I do put them down humanely. I overdose them with a fish anesthetic.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    FishArt likes this.
  4. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Look like leopard trout not tiger haha !!

Cecil likes this.
  5. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Nice looking fish Cecil.

Cecil likes this.
  6. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

Hi Cecil,

Thanks for the picture of those Tiger trouts backs. I am currently trying to gather some reference photos for well marked tiger trout, and was wondering if you might have any reference photos that you have taken in your years of growing them? I have searched the forums and google images and found very few that were of good quality. Alot of old images on the forums have been deleted and it really is a challenge to find some nice pictures of each side, top, and bottom of a well marked tiger trout. If you might have some, or have the time to go out and take some of a well marked tiger trout, i would certainly be willing to pay you for your efforts. Thanks for the original picture again.
    Chris

7. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Chris,

This is the first time I have raised tigers so nothing over the years. Here is all I have right now until fall other than the above picture. And I use a cell phone so I'm not sure how good the quality is. I can't remove one now as it's hard telling how many trout I would stress or kill to get one tiger trout to photograph as the pond is a mix of brook, browns, and tigers.

[​IMG]

rwenglish1 and Trapper2016 like this.