1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Guess what?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, May 10, 2018.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

You old guys know what those tiny dark spots on this deer hide. Don't you just love "hinters"? 20180510_203241.jpg

socalmountainman likes this.
  2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Birdshot?

3. Fleshing machine blade ruin-er.
    Absolutely nothing that pisses me off more than hitting that BS with a new blade or old for that matter. Especially when you didn’t know they were there. Its a safe bet to say I will have at least 4 ever dang year.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

#4 birdshot. Damned steel shot on top of it. As Glenn said, there's only one way to find them: when your round knife pings.

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I usually don't see it in deer but bears from all over the country and Canada for that matter usually seem to have some "implants". I flesh on a beam but I can imagine what it does to your fleshing blade.

George likes this.
  6. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I had a .22 short in the back of the head on one. Didnt pierce the skull.

George likes this.
  7. I bet miss bucks tells you purdy much the same thing quite often.
    “ .shorty you didnt penetrate”

8. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

But I try really hard!

Megan :) likes this.
  9. dale65

dale65 Active Member

I see a lot of them around here in alabama a lot shot in the face and some with 22 holes in the face guess there's outlaws everywhere just seem like more here lately

10. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

I hate hunters that do this kinda crap.

11. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

several broadheads stuck into shoulder blades and healed over even one whole arrow laying inside body cavity right along tenders with tip of broadhead almost poking out right next to anus entry wound in brisket healed over missed heart lungs liver

12. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I did a monster 15 point buck once that's muzzle was full of birdshot. Yep found it with the fleshing machine!

What kind of idiot does that? You most likely won't kill the deer outright and will probably blind it.

13. I think some are shot to get them out of their garden or shrubs around the house.

14. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Could be but this was a state park boundary area with no gardens.

15. Mark V.

Mark V. Chinook Salmon replica

Never understand people who shoot at a deer with birdshot. Wasn't that long ago I had one hit me in the cheek while shaving. Narrowly missed my eye. I have worn glasses for the last number of years because of this. And oh cant see worth the crap either