1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Archie Phillips ~ 1935–2018

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ken Edwards, May 24, 2018.

1. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Met the man and his son Bubba at a convention sometime in the early '80's. Used to order many deer mannikins and some blanks. The man was a pioneer in the field. Great guy to talk to and would share anything w/ you. Sorry to hear the news. prayers for the family on their loss. Rest in peace sir!!

2. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Our sincere Condolences to the family
    First meet Archie at Piedmont mini course back in early 80's
    It was he and Bubba that inspired me to be the best I could with fish,
    After many competitions Archie saw one I won at Georgia show and gave me the best compliment on my fish I ever received, that meant more to me than any of the numerous awards I have won.
    My God Bless the family during this difficult time
    Going to miss you brother
    Carl Lewis

3. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Archie was always upbeat and motivational. Going to be missed.
    013.JPG

LordRusty likes this.
  4. Unique Species

Unique Species Member

always enjoyed when he would stop in and talk shop , fishing, and hunting will miss him

5. Madtarpon

Madtarpon New Member

Hate to hear about his passing. Peace to his family. I have so many memories of him coming to Panama City to trade with my dad. He would always spend as long as I listened, teaching and explaining everything he knew about fish taxidermy. He was and will continue to be bigger than life.

6. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

RIP Archie! I was always happy to see you and talk with you at Shows! I remember you as someone I'd always say to myself afterwards - he should have been a Car Salesman - not a Taxidermist! LOL! My Condolences to your family!

7. PJK1944

PJK1944 RENAISSANCE MAN OF HABITATS

Sure will miss you Buddie, you helped me in many ways. I was honored to call you my Friend. thank you.. Rick Kennair