1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

deer nose pad

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by derhntr, May 31, 2018.

1. derhntr

derhntr Member

It's been a long time since I've posted on here, didn't even know about the changes until just now.

Some years ago there was a taxidermist that sold a small rubber nose pad for deer, apply a thin layer of epoxy and press the mold on to the nose to get the nose detail, great tool for the nose. Does anybody know who sold this piece, I can't seem to find it on here. I remember it was about $20 bucks or so.

derhntr

2. dale65

dale65 Active Member

Not sure about the pad but most supply companies have a roller called Dan d noser

3. nemo

nemo Active Member

I think Larry Jones or his son Ben has the pad. Not sure what he goes by on t.net, but he's out of Franklin Tn. and Ben is out of College Grove Tn.

Jerry Huffaker likes this.
  4. derhntr

derhntr Member

I've used the Dan d nose roller, don't like the look it gives.

Looking for the other two mentioned with no luck.

5. dale65

dale65 Active Member

I looked it up on the net the one your looking for is on eBay for 30 bucks

6. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

what nemo said, ljones sells a rubber press mold for deer noses

7. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

8. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Most taxidermy suppliers sell the Dan-D-Noser. I have one but quit using it on nose pads ages ago. Stipple the nose pad with Mod-Podge, and you'll have much more realistic results.

freeze_1 and dale65 like this.
  9. derhntr

derhntr Member

Thanks for the input, I do stipple the nose with mod-podge on most deer but this deer is a breast and will most likely take state here in VA. I want the mold cause it gives a very natural look. I found it on replica racks web site, $30.

Thanks Again