1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

painting.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by tem, Jun 13, 2018.

1. tem

tem Well-Known Member

are there other colors i could use to match burnt sienna,burnt umber and yellow ochre. in a hobby store that does not have thoes. at lest in thoes names. thank you.

2. Tom Maul

Tom Maul Active Member

Respectfully...
    Those are common and widely used colors.
    Perhaps try another store.
    Or mix your own from primary colors.
    Google burnt umber color code
    burnt sienna color code
    yellow ochre color code
    Also, youtube can have some good help
    on color mixing.
    Good luck to you

3. tem

tem Well-Known Member

thank you tom.michaels or wally world didnt have thoes colors.had colors that looked like them. but different name.

4. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I believe Hobby Lobby has them. My daughter-in-law is an artist, and she purchases Liquatex tube paints for me.

5. Tom Maul

Tom Maul Active Member

Liquitex is a good and fairly priced acrylic. Yes... Hobby Lobby carries a limited supply of it. Jo Sonja is a nice acrylic... creamy and nice to work with IMO, but you'll prolly need to order online or find a good art store.The craft paints like Folk Art, etc. are very inexpensive and can be found most anywhere... and while not the same quality, they serve a purpose, also. They often use their own color names, so when you're lookin for "burnt umber" the closest thing they have might be named "barn door" or somethin... LOL

6. tem

tem Well-Known Member

thanks you every one. im playen around with different color stains now. just checking it out to see what i come up with.