1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anyone have open heart surgery and return to work?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by DMS, Jun 20, 2018.

1. DMS

DMS New Member

My CAT Scan is tomorrow morning so I'll know later in the day if I need the surgery. The Echocardiogram result was borderline for needing the surgery. Needless to say I'm pretty freaked out. 56 years old. I wasn't expecting this. But who is I guess.

Anybodies experience would be helpful.

Thanks,

Don

2. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

My BIL had a valve replaced at 52. Returned to work. That was 10 years now. Neighbor had quad bypass, failed. Had it done over. Was in bad shape but recovered and went back to work eventually. Still working. You are in good company. Hope you have good luck and will put it behind you and go on to do great things. God bless.

freeze_1 likes this.

3. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

I had a triple bypass 5 years ago at 73, I'm still here . Took a while to get strength back. My suggestion , bail on the taxidermy. The customers make it very stressful . There is a whole world out there once you get mentally off the taxidermy plantation.

4. Whitetails1

Whitetails1 Craig C.

I had a aortic valve replaced when I was 52. That was 8 years ago doing just fine, actually doing much better makes you realize we are not in charge, you appreciate life. I work out daily and watch what I eat, and try to life a very healthy life style. I go in for a physical for carpel tunnel surgery and the doctor starts talking heart surgery. Just goes to show you are not in charge of your life as much as you you think. I live everyday to the fullest now. Took my first African safari with my daughter last year, hope to go again next year.

rogerswildlife and freeze_1 like this.
  5. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Fortunately, I haven't had that issue...yet. Hope and pray all goes well for you.

6. fish stuffer

fish stuffer Active Member

What Joey said. Good luck, hope all goes good !