1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Deer tattoo

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by boarhunter67, Jun 27, 2018.

1. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Just finished up. It will soften as it heals. I had a huge scar I wanted covered up. The tattoo artist did exactly what I asked for. This was my first tattoo. I don't know if I'll get another, but I sure am happy with this one. Tattoo.JPG

2. Rick Durrant

Rick Durrant New Member

I'm not usually big on tattoos but that one looks great. I love the artwork

boarhunter67 likes this.

3. NICE ! I always wanted to get a arrowhead, or a whole arrow.
    How long did it take to have done?

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Nice, who was the artist? You can Pm me the info if you wish.

5. EA

EA Well-Known Member

That is sweet.

boarhunter67 likes this.
  6. boarhunter67

A local artist who usually paints or airbrushes art, skateboards, pinstriping cars, and signs. He's just getting into tattooing. His name is Bobby Negrete.

7. boarhunter67

Three sessions of 2-2 1/2 hours each. Because of the large scar, we had to do a little at a time and wait for some of it to heal so the scar wouldn't split open. $750 total plus a $50 tip.

8. So was it dun at the kitchen table or in a pro tattoo studio ? Was it a "SCRACHER" or a "BODY ARTIST". Did this person teach them self, apprentice or go to school ?
    Put it this way, you got what you payed for and hopefully nothing else, like HEP or AIDS. This person clearly has artistic talent but has not mastered even the fundamental skills to do a proper tattoo. The good thing is it will not last and should start to fade out over time and can be dun by your friend later when he learns how to do it the right way. Classic beginner scratcher mistake of not going deep enough, better then to deep and scaring you. Looks like a shader was used for all or most of it and was not tuned the right way, most likely used a liner set up and tried to do shading with it.
    So if you are a Taxidermist and don't have a studio and do it out of the basement or garage you are a "HACK-a- DERMIST". At least your not giving some one HEP so what should this be called.

9. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I'm not into tattooing, but, I think it looks great!

msestak likes this.
  10. boarhunter67

It was done in a studio by someone licenced and trained. He used new needles and throws them away afterward. The studio is the most popular in town. I'm not sure what to make of most of your comments because they were somewhat incoherent. Hackadermist? Not sure what you are referring to. I have a taxidermy studio that's 1300 square feet. Maybe you didn't explain yourself well enough and just sound unintelligible and unarticulated. Sorry if I somehow rubbed you the wrong way in the past.

joeym likes this.
  11. dale65

dale65 Active Member

I don't think a big new shop has anything to do with you being a taxidermist I see a guy at a show get so mad be couse he didn't win first place and the deer looked like sh!!! he said he was the highest taxidermist around where he lived but that don't make you good at it same as how big your shop is most taxidermist dont have a big shop

pir^2h likes this.
  12. dale65

dale65 Active Member

I didn't say you I said a guy I liked the tattoo looks good to me was really refer to what Jake said in his post about the guy not knowing what he was doing

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  13. boarhunter67

Sorry, I totally misread that. I was viewing on my tiny phone and thought it was by the same person. I'm still not sure why Jake brought up whether or not I'm even a taxidermist.

14. boarhunter67

All healed up.

Attached Files:

KatieC, EA, dale65 and 1 other person like this.
  15. After healing looking good. glad you went to someone responsible and is regulated and licensed. Just trying to express that people, not specifically you the tattooist or the person receiving this particular tattoo are lacking in skill or judgement but the end result is what is important. As long as you are happy what does it matter what I or anyone else thinks. Cant cover up AIDs or HEP but you can fix a "bad" tattoo is what I am saying.
    A shop, big show room, the most popular or busiest shop, a T shirt with a logo or uniform or paying a lot is not a guarantee that the work is of a professional quality both in the taxidermy or tattoo profession.
    When you post that he paints on skate boards and pin stripes cars I was conceded for the health of the person getting the tattoo. I owned and operated a Tattoo studio in Germany when I was in the Army for 4 years and a Taxidermy Shop for 15 after retirement from the military as a combat medic so I do know what I am talking about even when it comes to all the blood and medical stuff.
    I do have difficulty expressing my self in words due to the fact that I have a TBI (traumatic brain injury) not stupid just broken.

msestak likes this.
  16. I get your view.... but to jump in with that response, how was it not be taken as an attack? The "hacker" you refer to? Pretty much ALL tattoo artists started as "scratchers" So? Does going to school make you a tattoo artist? Or a taxidermist as far as that goes??? NO!!! It only makes you informed!!! What you do with it makes the difference.... I've have tattoos from both and actually, some of my scratches are WAY NICER than anything done in a chair in a shop!!!! Seems maybe your ignorance keeps you blind!!! That's just my opinion. Tattoo looks fine!!! Look at it this way, it's not on your back...

17. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I have never been a fan of tattoos but that one looks great to me. I have seen a lot of tattoos in my day but that is one of the best yet. If I had that one I would want to show it off so unless you are going around bareback who is going to see it?!!

A hunt 2 remember likes this.
  18. Catfishcreek

Catfishcreek New Member

I was actually thinking about getting the same one last year except I was going to have a flathead catfish above the boat where your deer is. Like it!