1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

wolf mount on taxnet

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by byrdman, Jun 30, 2018.

1. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

wondering how that wolf mount won a mckenzie award and a research award for mount on research form??? mount is nice but eyes not quite right

Trapperb99 likes this.
  2. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

McKenzie award has nothing to do with the form that was used . It's a taxidermist choice award says that on the award .
    Tommy

3. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

^^^^^^YEP

4. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I saw the wolf in person at the Texas Show and the eyes are fine - photo on line may give a different perspective. It is an awesome mount!

juli likes this.
  5. juli

juli Active Member

I agree - photo perspective always makes a mount look worse (no matter how good the photo).. worse is a relative term, too hahaha !!!! the wolf mount is pretty awesome looking! That said, I often take photos of the eyes and mount as I work on it so that I can see exactly what the aforementioned wolf eyes show - slight difference in symmetry .. Truthfully, no real live animal will ever have perfectly symmetrical eyes (or face). We humans like symmetry - it is why we see 'beautiful' people as 'beautiful' - because their faces are more symmetrical.

6. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

My ears are not even at all...I wonder if the mortician will worry about evening them up when I die? LOL!!!

TROPHeTRACKER and rogerswildlife like this.