1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" 4th of JULY Edition 2018!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" 4th of JULY Edition 2018!!!!!!!

A warm welcome from Hinsdale New Hampshire on this week of the United States of America Celebration of its independence! I hope your families are safe and your lives are inspired by your personal freedoms we have and will always have!

A huge thanks to the countless contributors and to the many great folks who share in this great tradition that has been around for over a decade It is very true that we all begin somewhere and all the learning and work hard that goes in to the pursuit at being is what makes us the taxidermists we become

This tradition of the Month in Fish Pictures has always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show their work without criticism and hard comments! So, let’s remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get too involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

The month of June was a great month for truly inspiring photos so let’s continue the contributions! Thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

Inspiration in what we share is part of the friendliness and positive observations of fans of fish work. This is a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration other with your work regardless of your skill level as a fish taxidermist or fishcarver!

Be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to say thank you for join me each month for each installment of the Month in Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first-hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginners to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more than great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of July with a Walleye reproduction from a first timer who is learning the art we love so very much! Mr. Joel Lake from Sault Sainte Marie in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan

Can’t wait to see your work this month! See you in August! Be safe and be kind to one another!

You're Friend

Rick Krane

PS: Don’t forget Celebrate your independence!!

DSC_0597.JPG

Please enjoy Joel lakes Walleye!

Joel Lake Walleye.jpg

Sikk, srholmes30, JL and 6 others like this.
  2. Lance.G

Lance.G Well-Known Member

Awesome Walleye! Here is a Hybrid striped I just finished up. Carved body, and custom cast head. IMG_3821.JPG

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Steven Klee, birddog1964 and JE like this.

3. Lance.G

Lance.G Well-Known Member

A couple more of the Hybrid. IMG_3818.JPG IMG_3824.JPG

4. JE

JE Well-Known Member

I posted this in last months a day late by mistake, so here it is again lol Two custom mold Brown trout, both just over 6 lb Inked20180630_130031_LI.jpg .

AnglingArtisan, Sikk, ausfish and 5 others like this.
  5. IMG_20180619_210810168.jpg
    Lake Winnipeg walleye

IMG_20180619_205455654.jpg
    IMG_20180619_205224567.jpg
    14" perch using Cecil's half cast tutorial. Thanks Cecil!

duxdog, AnglingArtisan, Cecil and 7 others like this.
  6. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

That greenback is sweet!! Some nice fish so far. Here is a partial shot of a custom mold/cast Bluegill eating a leech ...
    [​IMG]

7. Swissfish

Swissfish Well-Known Member

Head details of my latest work, a juvenile Koi carp (Showa, Nishikigoi). The original head has been used. The mount will be part of an art work from Carsten Höller.

I wish everyone a nice and successful summer!

Koi_detail2.jpg

8. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Here are pics of two Franken-Fish recreations. I think i posted one of the Retail last month but this is a little better pic with a $20 bill next to it as size reference. The shovel nose (Soburium) cat is 57" and the Retail is 47". The paired fins were from existing casts but everything else is recreation. This project has drug on for a year and a half and I'm glad to be crating them up. REDTAIL 47".jpg SOBURIUM 57".jpg

Timjo, AnglingArtisan, JL and 6 others like this.
  9. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

A 30" IMG_0825.jpg peacock bass replica

Lance.G, birddog1964, Sikk and 4 others like this.
  10. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

2DD23189-B71F-4E09-9771-3B7934B76AF9.jpeg B10DA057-0039-4EDC-B370-DFE2754FEEFF.jpeg 24 inch brown trout replica

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  11. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

As I have sated before, I retired about 30 years ago, but I did come across some old photos of a few fish I did in the early 80s (I think?) The "kid" with the king is now 38 and will kill me for posting this! The Kokanee was 25 inches and about 8 pounds if memory serves. Sorry about the quality, scans of old photos, and I never took good photos! filename-1 (3).jpg filename-1.jpg These were all done with plaster molds by me using techniques that I developed over years of trial and error. Mostly error! :D:D

~S

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  12. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    20180717_170606.jpg LCR blank

Sotired and JE like this.
  13. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Northen Pike, based on a Bill Leach head. 37066232_2303526872996585_3616812541444882432_n.jpg

Taxi-lover, Sotired and 3bears like this.
  14. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    mudbat
    put that fish back in H20

Sotired and Mudbat like this.
  15. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

C837A334-E4C3-4DA2-92F5-5D9CBD0F628F.jpeg First attempt and a skinmount king. Replica head and fins