1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

17" yellow perch blank

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Terry Bennett, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    I know it's a long shot, but I am looking for a 17 inch yellow perch blank. Probably with a girth probably somewhere around 12 inches.

2. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Not sure if a 17 exsists

3. Terry Bennett

Idaho
    It's the new Idaho catch and release state record. He claims it's the world record as well. Could be, the State and world record Yellow perch came from the same lake.

https://idfg.idaho.gov/fish/record/catch-and-release

4. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Nuts to the record book pics, lets see a pic of the actual fish!

Perca likes this.
  5. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I did one that size (17 1/2?) but in reality it was a cast of a European Yellow Perch. I doubt even a biologist could tell the difference unless he was told, and he started doing some intricate things like scale counts etc. If you're interested I can look up who I bought it from. Just remember it was a gentleman in Florida. I replaced the fins with fins I got from Lake Country for a 19 inch walleye. The fins were fine but not translucent enough for me. I darkened some of the fins after that photo, and the gold base doesn't show in the photo.

Sorry don't remember the girth but it looked average for the length.

[​IMG]

JL, Multispeciestamer and FishArt like this.
  6. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

I know they get that big was just referring to a blank. Our Michigan state record in 21 in

7. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

IMG_7791.jpg

You may recognize Tim's work. There are methods if you are coming up short. That's all.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    hambone and FishArt like this.
  8. Terry Bennett

Idaho
    Thanks for all the input everyone. I will discuss the options with the client.

9. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

IMG_7823.jpg

10. Rogerst

Rogerst Member

I have a 16" that I can mold for you. I got this from Cecil a couple years back Great detail, but my casting skills are not the greatest