1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Jimmy Dieringer of Woodbury Taxidermy passed yesterday...

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Joe Kish, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Joe Kish

Joe Kish Active Member

Texas
    I was alerted this morning of Jimmy's passing yesterday after years of illness. Here is a cut and paste Obituary to give you current details for now. Rest in peace Jim. I knew you well. My condolences to your sons and family.

Jimmy Ray Dieringer, age 60 of Ingram, TX, went home Tuesday, July 10, 2018. He was born in La Grange, TX to the late Weldon Hugo Dieringer and Jeanette Niesner Guentert on July 24, 1957.

Jimmy started working with Lloyd Woodbury in 1977 as an apprentice at Woodbury Taxidermy in Center Point, TX. Jimmy became a small business owner in 1979 after Lloyd Woodbury’s retirement, moving the business to it’s current location in Ingram, TX. Over the course of 40 years, Jimmy Dieringer’s Woodbury Taxidermy has become one of the most recognizable names in the hunting and taxidermy world. Jimmy transcended the world of taxidermy and his mark on the profession will never fade.

He is survived by wife, Estella Dieringer; sons, Derek Weldon Dieringer and Collin Clifford Dieringer; daughters-in-law, Katie Lauren Dieringer and Linley Piper Dieringer; his five grandchildren, Jackson Ryan Dieringer, Maggie Ann Dieringer, Molly Louise Dieringer, Tucker Ray Dieringer and Harper Layne Dieringer; mother and step-father, Jeanette Niesner Guentert and Curtis Charles Guentert; brother, Darrell Dieringer; and sister, Mary Krupala.

He was preceded in death by father, Weldon Hugo Dieringer; and sister, Deborah Lynn Winston.

Memorial services will be held at 2 PM, Saturday, July 14, 2018 at Grimes Funeral Chapels. A reception will follow at Bridget’s Basket, 1551 TX-39, Hunt, TX 78024. Private burial will be held Sunday in Schulenburg, TX.

2. Keith

Keith Active Member

Sad news. I worked there for a couple years, 19 years ago. It was an interesting place to work. Jimmy could be quite a character at times.

3. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

He was one of my greatest mentors...

4. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Sorry very sorry to hear this news. A great guy and a truly great business man!
    One of the true legendary folks of our industry!

Rick Krane

5. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

another one way to young to go