1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

USPS = Horrible

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Eddy Blanco, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Eddy Blanco

Eddy Blanco Member

So I bought birds and instead of being shipped overnight or even third day with dry ice via UPS, they were shipped from AK via USPS "second" day which means third day. It is 100F every day here in Texas and they were to be delivered today by 3 pm. and as yet they are still in route. Who in the Hell uses USPS? They SUCK! I'm sure these birds will be ruined and I'm out $165 for nothing.

2. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

Did you pay for them this time????

duxrus, Cecil, Cole and 1 other person like this.

3. I have received several ducks from Bob J. in cal. They were sent priority mail EXPRESS at $25.40. Sent on monday, arrived around 11 am on tuesday. Just need to pay a little more for the proper shipping.

4. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    This time of year I don't buy or sell anything perishable , just asking
    for problems.

5. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I use USPS all the time - but NOT for things that can thaw and spoil. USPS doesn't guarantee delivery times if I'm not mistaken. UPS and FedEx does. Their track record for quick delivery and their tracking is superior too. I would NEVER trust USPS for the speed you're paying a premium for with the other two couriers. Lesson learned on your part...

6. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

FEDEX would have been my preferred shipper for this.

FishArt likes this.