1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wanted: Tails, Rabbit Hides, Skulls, Fur Scrap

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by odditycollector, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Hello,

I'm new here- but I'm looking to purchase a few specific items for my oddities shop. I usually purchase from a larger supplier here in the US, but they've run out of stock of a few of my popular items and I was recommended to search here. So I'm just going to list out what I'm looking for and what I'm willing to pay.

TAILS (tanned)
    Wild Red Fox - $3.00 each
    Alaskan Red Fox - $5.00 each
    Skunk - $1.50 to $2.00 depending on size/ coloration
    Coyote - $4.00

Rabbit Hides (tanned)
    Craft quality (can have rips / thinning hide / etc) - $2.00 each (looking to purchase minimum of 90 at once)
    Dyed Leopard Print - $6.50
    Dyed Ocelot Print - $6.50
    Dyed Cheetah Print - $6.50

Skulls (cleaned and glued) - I'll take offers for any I don't have listed here
    Adult American River Otter (with bottom jaw) - $25
    Skunk - $10
    Domestic Parrot or Macaw - $35
    Chicken - $8
    Turkey - $9
    Parakeet / Budgie - $9
    Tree Squirrel - $10
    Domesticated Ferret - $12

Fur Scrap (pieces under 3 inches- all kinds of pelts) - $10 per gallon bag full

I will only pay via Paypal to ensure both of our financial safety during the transaction. I will pay for shipping as well. I'm located in Illinois. I only want to purchase from sellers located within the US.

I realize that these prices seem really low- but I do want to be clear that I want to purchase in bulk. So if you're looking to clear out inventory or get rid of something you have "overstocked"- then this deal might work for you. If not, I completely understand. Yes- I realize the work that goes into trapping/ skinning/ tanning/ cleaning skulls/ etc. I'm not trying to undercut you. These are, unfortunately, the highest prices I can pay right now to align the resale prices with what will sell in my store. I'm a working single mom and this is how I support my family- so I have to pay a price that creates a profit margin for me as well. If the price isn't right for you, I respect that. But please don't shame me for my ignorant asking prices. These are simply what I can pay at the moment. Thanks for looking and I hope to hear from you!

2. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

I appreciate your saying up front what you are willing to pay. I wish more would do that! I will ask however why you will only pay via pay pal? pay pal is the only method I will not take, as it is no security for me, and it costs extra money either out of my pocket or the purchasers. I have lots of the items you want, but all raw frozen, not tanned or cleaned. do you have a market for tanned wall hanger ( everything but the feet)coyotes? I made the mistake of getting quite a few tanned and am glutted up on them.

3. Because I'm new to this forum and I don't know anyone, I figured Paypal is secure for a few reasons. First of all they create a time stamped receipt between parties that states exactly what was purchased and paid and both parties names. They also have a claims process that can be opened if the seller does not ship the items or the items received are not what was purchased. What forms of payment do you accept?

I may have a market for tanned coyotes. What region are they from? Are the tails and heads in tact (not taxidermy quality, but in good enough condition to be crafted with)? I'm not sure what price I'd be able to work with on them, but for just small to medium sized pelts that have the face and tails in decent craft-able condition I could probably pay about $25 a pelt. I realize that's pretty low, but I'd be willing to take 10 to start and possibly a larger lot near the holiday season if I can get them selling by that time. I know at the February NAFA sale they went for significantly more- so I am aware I'm offering well below market value, but unfortunately that's all I can do at this time, because I'm not sure how well they'll sell.

4. old60furs

old60furs MO buyers license number is 2465. I need your #

Contact Connor or Nya at Freyjas Forest website and I bet they will work with you.

Thanks

Marc

odditycollector likes this.
  5. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

I accept anything except pay pal. a good way to ck sellers credentials is to jut look at the buyers/sellers forum for good or bad reviews. also type in the persons name on the search and see how long they have been on and what reviews they have. also can make a post on the sellers/buyers forum and ask has anyone had any dealings with xxxx? or can anyone give any references on xxx? folks do it all the time and very acceptable. have $30 just in the tanning on the coyotes, and yes perfect heads and tails, so can`t do $25. I could do 10 at $55 each plus shipping. this is still less than market value for untanned coyotes, let alone tanned ones.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  6. jhits

jhits Active Member

I have clean craft grade skulls for sale. Skunk, raccoon, grey fox, red fox, beaver, & coyote. Email me at [email protected]
    Jim

7. pat

pat Member

Sent you a PM I have tons of stuff 4 you looking to clear stuff out

8. I totally understand your prices and $55 is a great offer. Unfortunately for me at the moment I don't have a huge market specifically for the entire pelt (only craft parts of the pelt), so I can't make that big of an investment at this time. With that being said, if in the near future (like around the holiday season) I do find a market for entire pelts I'll definitely try to reach out to you. Thanks for the offer! And I'm sorry that I can't meet your price right now.

9. Thanks Jim! Before I waste your time by writing up a long email can I ask how exactly do you define "craft grade"? Are they cracked/ teeth missing/ grease stained? I don't mind grease stains, but if they're cracked or have noticeable missing bones or teeth I probably won't be able to accept them at this time.