1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ISO Albino Porcupine

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Kelly00, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Kelly00

Kelly00 New Member

Looking for a tanned albino porcupine. Please contact me here via PM. Thank you

2. Kelly00

Kelly00 New Member

Ttt

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

There was a nice one posted on Oct 23. You best bet is to check the For Sale section daily. They do show up from time to time. For a tanned one, you should grab the first raw one you find and ask if the seller will prep it and send it to the tannery for you. Expect to pay a good fee for doing that as they are a PITA to skin out.

4. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

you can say that again. not far off of skinning wet toilet paper. I taxidermy skin 10-20 a year and lots of bad words when doing it

5. joepennanti

joepennanti Member

This is discouraging to hear. I intend to attempt to skin my first one next week. I was going to follow this instructional video:

From 1:40 to 4:40 it seems quite straight forward.
    I am open to suggestions, knife size, positioning, which bad words to shout, etc.
    Thanks, and feel free to PM me if this is too OT.

6. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

practice skinning a cottontail rabbit till you can do it without a single cut or tear. then you are ready to do a porky. I`m not joking.

7. Kelly00

Kelly00 New Member

Ttt

8. Kelly00

Kelly00 New Member

Ttt