1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Facebook page for fishheads

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by duxdog, Jul 24, 2018.

1. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Hi guys, I started a FB page for fishheads along the same lines as this forum to share info and keep connected. All are welcomed and encouraged to join. Should be fun! Check it out on FB group-taxidermy fishheads.

Sotired likes this.
  2. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Not to rain on your parade, as this is a good idea and more pages can't hurt. There are however several you may want to look into also if you currently are not a member.

"the art of fish taxidermy" In this group, you will receive harsh feedback at times, if this is not what you are looking for then I would either not post or not join.

"freshwater fish taxidermy" In this group, it is similar to this page. Pics can be posted and questions answered.

"friends who like fish taxidermy" Another group that falls inbetween the two above. Truthful comments may be given if asked for, I believe.

John C, Sotired and Kerby Ross like this.

3. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Lol thanks Cory. You didnt rain on my parade. Aways looking for help and improvement. I will check them out

Sotired likes this.
  4. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Not knocking anyone but I question how groups do one person really need?
    In reality it’s all here at taxidermy.net

Go to beginners and their kind come to the fish and ask you get the hard truth but always find those who help out.
    Just my opinion nothing else but there should be fb pages for the children of all ages who only want a pat on the back no matter how crappie it looks like.
    Oh yes my first brown trout was that BROWN, and I heard from family and friends oh looks good, competition taught me the truth and aided me!
    Ok a ranted a bit but if your not artist you will never become good but you’ll be able to do taxidermy. It’s like this should I play around with brain surgery cause I know how to take out a brain stem? I think not. Same goes with taxidermy.

Lance.G, Glenn M and Cory like this.
  5. Swissfish

Swissfish Well-Known Member

Hi Cory, I hope you don't mind if I add a little correction to your comment. "The Art of Fish Taxidermy" is my own Fb business page and has nothing to do with a group. Fortunately I don't get much harsh feedback there, in the opposite...lol!
    "Friends who like Fish Taxidermy" is the group where I'm active as an admin. Thanks for the compliment for this group btw...and I wish you and everybody a nice and successful summer.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Multispeciestamer, Sotired and Cory like this.
  6. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Sorry for the confusion Mathias! Thanks for the correction.

Swissfish likes this.
  7. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Another one? :D Won't be long and this site will go extinct. ;)

8. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Cecil, how did my repellent work for you?

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Worked great! I gave a bottle to my parents and couple of ladies at a public access site in Mass when I realized I had left my kayak tote back at the campground. I said, "I'll be right back if you can watch my kayak, and you'll probably need this really soon." When I got back about 20 minutes later they said it was a good thing I gave it to them!" That Mirror Lake at Devens is quite a mosquito producer!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Kerby Ross likes this.
  10. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I've lived in Arizona now for 28 years ..... and I think I have seen 10 mosquitos.

:)

Kerby...

Cecil and Sotired like this.
  11. hambone

hambone Member

JL does your repellant work with chiggers, I recently went black berry picking and now I'm covered up with bites driving me crazy, I've been using cortisone 10 on them but it only helps for a short time, does anyone have any solutions for these critters I need to go get more blackberries.

12. I get chiggers bad. I just spray down with off. Keep in mind if you have a dog it will pick up chiggers and jump on your lap and give you chiggers.:eek: All the rain we have been getting in PA. has knocked the chiggers population down.

13. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Every region has it's pluses and minuses.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  14. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, we don't see many mosquitos here in NW Illinois on the lake here. Lot's of birds and bats control the mosquito problem. However, the gnats can be really, really bad at times right after they hatch. We go through Buggins and SoothOn to keep the gnats off of us like it's skin candy!

Cecil likes this.