1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Brook, Brown, and Tiger Trout sales

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Cecil, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Question for those you interested purchasing brook, brown, or tiger trout from me this fall: Would you be interested in trout that are only between 16 and 17 inches? Normally I have 3 year old fish that are anywhere from 18 to 24 inches and 3 1/2 to 6 lbs plus. However this year they won't even be two years old until December. They grew rapidly the first year (I had 14 inch brook trout in less than a year) but have slowed down to a normal rate now -- probably due to sexual maturity. I can't hang on to all of them until next year (not enough room and flow) so will need to thin them out and sell some of these 16 to 17 inch fish. Next year I will have 4 to 6 pound fish of all three species.

Keep in mind these will be mostly flawless fish (no bad fins) in full brilliant spawning colors like this brook trout.

[​IMG]

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Btw a pair of osprey's decided they could help me thin them out and feed their young at the same time. I had to say no and put lines up to keep them out. The orange tabs are orange duck tape to help them see the lines. Someone is reintroducing ospreys in my state and all giddy about it. We fish farmers are not amused.

[​IMG]

JL and BearB8 like this.

3. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I would but I live in tuard bowl Illinois

4. Would be interested let me know when you are ready.

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Let me know. I just may be.

6. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    At what cost?

7. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Cecil
    put two brookies to the side for me
    Carl

8. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Cost which includes shipping anywhere in the lower 48 will be $55.00 for the 16's and $60.00 for the 17's. 18's will be $65.00. No UPS shipments. I can't make a profit using UPS anymore even with an account. Also the nearest UPS shipping point is 50 miles away.

I use Priority Mail USPS. If you want expedited shipping you'll have to cover that. Typically the fish get anywhere in the U.S. in three days Priority Mail. If there is a problem with shipping I will refund your money or ship another fish. Fish are packed in insulated boxes.

Sotired likes this.
  9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Clew,

I have so many requests I will probably just give a heads up here and on the taxidermy facebook categories on when I will be posting a list of species, sizes, and prices. Then it will be a matter of first come first serve once I list the fish.

Sotired likes this.
  10. Cecil, can or do you sell to Illinois now??
    what about a pick up??

11. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

How about fish and pick up? You don't have to take the ones you catch but if you're going to be here anyway you can help me fish some out? I have a guest room if you want to stay overnight.

Sotired likes this.
  12. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Cecil
    is this offer open to me?
    I will be their
    heck ill even help you skin a few and paint if you want
    CL

Sotired likes this.
  13. rwenglish1

rwenglish1 'IN GOD WE TRUST'

Hi Cecil when do you think that would be
    rw

14. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Yes but why would I skin and paint them? I'm selling them whole frozen. I have enough taxidermy work to do. :p

15. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Sometime in October usually but I have to wait for the ospreys to leave as to harvest I will have to pull up the lines that keep them out of the pond. They should be gone sometime in October.

[​IMG]

Beltonbanger, hambone and Sotired like this.
  16. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

17. Pikeonthefly

Pikeonthefly Active Member

Hi Cecil,
    I had provided you my name and email last year I believe as I am interested in both. I am glad you posted this because I thought maybe you forgot or your emails were going into my spam folder or something. I am definitely interested so please hold a couple of each if you can. Males would be my preference. Let me know if you need my email again. Thank you!

18. amigo

amigo No habla Espanol

Count me in for a Male tiger 17 or 18 inches.

Cecil likes this.
  19. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I didn't have any available for sale last year which is why did not contact you. I thought I might have some big enough to sell but they were't large enough yet. They grew really fast initially and then slowed down.

It's takes almost two years to produce 16 to 17 inch fish from eggs and another year for the 4 to 6 + pound fish in the 19 to 23 inch range. (I did have one 3 year old brook trout @ 24 inches.). If I raised them entirely indoors where I didn't have to overwinter them outside, I could grow them faster but the fins might not be as good.

Sotired likes this.
  20. Pikeonthefly

Pikeonthefly Active Member

No problem Cecil. If you have any available please let me know. Thank you!